That Gypsy Curse

paulchapo said:
Supposedly a gypsy encampment was turfed off the land to build Maine Road and a gypsy cursed us and said we would never have any luck while we were there.

Funny how when we won everything from 1968-1970 the curse was never mentioned.
Cheers, but I was also led to believe that a very old 'Gypsy Witch' got into an argument with a City hierarchy, he swore at her, she cursed him, his family and City?

Don't forget the horse buried beneath the pitch and 'George' rattling around the Maine Road concourse.
Oh, and I heard Gary Neville is still having nightmares about a goat that popped up out of nowhere.

CC1 said:
lukyman said:
Does anyone know what the facts are about the curse that was placed at Maine Road?
Who/why/when it was placed. Was it ever lifted? etc
Was thinking all things City when I remembered about the curse and wondered how things would have turned out had we stayed at our 'once hallowed ground'?

If you were real fan you would know the history of the club - its in all the books. Methinks you are from the other side and are trying to give us the jitters

I humbly bow before you oh Great and Mighty Fan. Pray share that, that thou hast gleaned from these sacred books and I shalt slither back to the Dark Side?

lukyman said:
paulchapo said:
Supposedly a gypsy encampment was turfed off the land to build Maine Road and a gypsy cursed us and said we would never have any luck while we were there.

Funny how when we won everything from 1968-1970 the curse was never mentioned.
Cheers, but I was also led to believe that a very old 'Gypsy Witch' got into an argument with a City hierarchy, he swore at her, she cursed him, his family and City?

No, don't worry - curse was a myth made up by rags last time we were successful - and it looks as if they are trying to resurrect it. Must be worried...

The only curses gypsies leave are a field full of shit, an estate that has been looted, missing dogs and not a single secure garden shed. They aren't mythical folk of old they are in most cases a group of freeloading drunks that have no respect for society or others, including there own.

lukyman said:
CC1 said:
lukyman said:
Does anyone know what the facts are about the curse that was placed at Maine Road?
Who/why/when it was placed. Was it ever lifted? etc
Was thinking all things City when I remembered about the curse and wondered how things would have turned out had we stayed at our 'once hallowed ground'?

If you were real fan you would know the history of the club - its in all the books. Methinks you are from the other side and are trying to give us the jitters

I humbly bow before you oh Great and Mighty Fan. Pray share that, that thou hast gleaned from these sacred books and I shalt slither back to the Dark Side?

Oh dear. Hit a nerve

CC1 said:
lukyman said:
CC1 said:

Oh dear. Hit a nerve
haha seems I did

lukyman said:
CC1 said:
lukyman said:

Oh dear. Hit a nerve
haha seems I did

Nice one - however, what about that curse

Ricster said:
In a way Maine Road was cursed, cos if we had not moved to The COMS, we wouldn't be where we are right now. Now way would Mansour have bought us over.

Good point. It was a great move and we haven't looked back. Left the 'curse' behind us - need to forget it now and be positive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.