That Missing Centre Half

omcfc said:
We need this in our defence: Pace, strength and good judgement.

At the moment we are far too lumbering and slow (Komany excepted). And that slowness leads to poor, lunging tackles.

For the way Pellegrini wants to play, pace is essential & most of the players people on here suggest us using, are lacking in pace including (especially) the likes of Nastasic Rekik etc. I really hope Pellegrini himself realises that he needs pace there, because if he signs some ballplaying sloth instead, I recon he'll be out of a job next season.

Kompany is on his limit playing this way, but a fast player next to him, would make his life easier. For the Premier League, that player also needs to be good in the air though.

I haven't seen anyone myself who automatically fits the bill, but I haven't seen all of the players linked in detail.

We really need to get this right. Those suggesting just throwing kids in there are lunatics.

pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Sorry to bother you but do you have any idea what the story is with Fernando as there are a few stories that he signed a new contract, any idea if that's true or is it just Porto saving face?

Why would you be bothering me, bud? I'm on the forum, like anybody else.

I believe City still have an agreement with the agent and the player still wants the move this summer.

It might be linked in to Garcia moving back to Portugal, but City are also very interested in the lad Carvalho, who United are trying to buy.

As for the centre half, I completely agree, Distin would have been a revelation in this team these last few seasons.

A proper up-and-down left-back would also taken a huge load off a left-sided centre-back.

I would drop £30m for Shaw.

Thanks for that, trying to not be too needy on here. Have you heard anything about Fernando's alleged new Porto contract?

As regards Centre halves I'd worry about us going head to head with PSG for a French player as they seem to have a complete disregard to FFPR whereas we are at least trying to play within the rules (for the moment).

We desperately need a few things this summer a world class centre half, a left sided clone of Zabaleta and probably a few homegrown players as we could be losing Lescott, Rodwell and Richards.

Now you're just taking the piss;)

I believe Fernando had a clause written in to the new deal he signed.

Whoever they decide - no alerting everyone beforehand, no protracted transfer saga, no taking moral stands against add ons etc. This needs to be done early and the defence needs to get settled, cohessive and ready to hit the new season running.

GaudinoMotors said:
Whoever they decide - no alerting everyone beforehand, no protracted transfer saga, no taking moral stands against add ons etc. This needs to be done early and the defence needs to get settled, cohessive and ready to hit the new season running.

That would be ideal, but we have the World Cup in the way.

Hopefully they have sorted the target (s), agreed most of the details & can just get transfers done. If that hasn't been possible, then things won't be so comfortable.

blueyorkie said:
We had the perfect player to compliment Vinny, Sylvan Distin, what might have been eh? Bet he regrets moving now
Just seen someone beat me to it, sorry!
-- Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:19 am --

stonerblue said:
Shawcross

David? He's too old now

Ryan, at Stoke.

Not much culture in either foot but the lad can defend.

stonerblue said:
blueyorkie said:
We had the perfect player to compliment Vinny, Sylvan Distin, what might have been eh? Bet he regrets moving now
Just seen someone beat me to it, sorry!
-- Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:19 am --

stonerblue said:
Shawcross

David? He's too old now

Ryan, at Stoke.

Not much culture in either foot but the lad can defend.

so Lescott basically

Neville Kneville said:
omcfc said:
We need this in our defence: Pace, strength and good judgement.

At the moment we are far too lumbering and slow (Komany excepted). And that slowness leads to poor, lunging tackles.

For the way Pellegrini wants to play, pace is essential & most of the players people on here suggest us using, are lacking in pace including (especially) the likes of Nastasic Rekik etc. I really hope Pellegrini himself realises that he needs pace there, because if he signs some ballplaying sloth instead, I recon he'll be out of a job next season.

Kompany is on his limit playing this way, but a fast player next to him, would make his life easier. For the Premier League, that player also needs to be good in the air though.

I haven't seen anyone myself who automatically fits the bill, but I haven't seen all of the players linked in detail.

We really need to get this right. Those suggesting just throwing kids in there are lunatics.

Of those I've seen linked I think the best options would be Hummels and Chiellini from what I've seen of both. Each have been proven at the top level to be expert defenders and both would be faster than our current options especially Chiellini.

We've tried with Savic and Nasty the young up and comer route and with Kolo and Demi the old pro route. Both have proven ineffective in the long run (though I think Nastys current problem is that we play a different style than he's suited/used to) and we really need to just go out there and get the closest to a sure thing we can find.

Worth keeping an eye on curtis davies today, think he looks a top player from what I've seen. Hopefully he doesn't have a too good a game though,obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.