That (those) monolith (s)

Why would we have seen them? You expect ‘them’ to colonise the whole galaxy when we can’t and probably never will
You only need 10 million years to colonise a galaxy and we may well do that.

We’re absolutely brand new and there’s billions of years before us. The fact someone hasn’t done it means either life doesn’t exist or intelligent life doesn’t elsewhere.

Unless we’re in what’s called the Zoo Hypothesis, which means they’re out there and watching us but there’s a rule that they leave us be.

That said, you’d expect a million year old civilisation to be visible right across the night sky, Brian Cox said it’s a mystery there isn’t one.

I'll tell you what, without more reliable accounts from independant witness than we've had so far, it could easily be 'faked', or an AR scuplture, (2)

You only need 10 million years to colonise a galaxy and we may well do that.

We’re absolutely brand new and there’s billions of years before us. The fact someone hasn’t done it means either life doesn’t exist or intelligent life doesn’t elsewhere.

Unless we’re in what’s called the Zoo Hypothesis, which means they’re out there and watching us but there’s a rule that they leave us be.

That said, you’d expect a million year old civilisation to be visible right across the night sky, Brian Cox said it’s a mystery there isn’t one.
There could be many that have colonised the galaxy they live in, but those galaxies could be so far away that we’ll never know they’ve done it.

There could be some that have a planet that has a longer life cycle than Earth will, who look after their planet, who control their birth numbers, where they haven’t and will never need to colonise another planet never mind galaxy.

Is that the nonsense Drake Equation?

Yeah is bollocks as if it were true and there were other civilisations out there, we’d have seen them. The fact no one has colonised the whole galaxy means we’re it.
It’s not nonsense but it is only an estimate. We have received radio signals. Radio signals are sent, they don’t just echo through space on their own.

There could be many that have colonised the galaxy they live in, but those galaxies could be so far away that we’ll never know they’ve done it.

There could be some that have a planet that has a longer life cycle than Earth will, who look after their planet, who control their birth numbers, where they haven’t and will never need to colonise another planet never mind galaxy.
I did read somewhere that we’d expected to see the light dimmed from other galaxies because of other civilisations using the stars as power... when we looked we saw no evidence at all and again that shocked them.

I fully expect Damocles to come on and say I’m talking shit here and I may but I’m just plagiarising what I’ve heard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.