That'll do pig, that'll do

Damocles

Administrator
Ok, so not the most mesmerisingly spectacular performance today, but three points in a game that we needed to win (due to the results of our rivals).

I can't remember the last time we had a game like that, there seemed to be a lack of urgency from us, but with a physically and mentally draining week just gone, perhaps it is no surprise. I'm sure the performance next week will show that we have recovered from the hangover of the Carling Cup.

Still some plus points from the game. Komapny had a very good game again, and Boyata gained more experience. We had Onohua on the pitch also, and he was much better going forward than I thought he would be. First game back for Toure, and he did well. Tevez was Tevez as usual, and Adebayor got his first goal since coming back and a full 90 minutes for him. More game time for Ireland too.

The midfield looked out of sorts today, and Zab is getting nastier with every game, I was relieved to see him go off to be honest as he's due a red card soon. Still remain unconvinced by Garrido, but perhaps it's the sliding defensive system which we keep banging on about. We'll see against Hull when Bridgy is available for selection.

Puts us one point behind 4th, with two games in hand and every team but Chelsea and Arsenal yet to come to Eastlands.

Job done then.

Damocles said:
Ok, so not the most mesmerisingly spectacular performance today, but three points in a game that we needed to win (due to the results of our rivals).

I can't remember the last time we had a game like that, there seemed to be a lack of urgency from us, but with a physically and mentally draining week just gone, perhaps it is no surprise. I'm sure the performance next week will show that we have recovered from the hangover of the Carling Cup.

Still some plus points from the game. Komapny had a very good game again, and Boyata gained more experience. We had Onohua on the pitch also, and he was much better going forward than I thought he would be. First game back for Toure, and he did well. Tevez was Tevez as usual, and Adebayor got his first goal since coming back and a full 90 minutes for him. More game time for Ireland too.

The midfield looked out of sorts today, and Zab is getting nastier with every game, I was relieved to see him go off to be honest as he's due a red card soon. Still remain unconvinced by Garrido, but perhaps it's the sliding defensive system which we keep banging on about. We'll see against Hull when Bridgy is available for selection.

Puts us one point behind 4th, with two games in hand and every team but Chelsea and Arsenal yet to come to Eastlands.

Job done then.
Could have said it better myself...
The draining week showed today and we still won it comfortably... doing nothing more than was needed...

Good game summary mate you've taken all the positives out of a drab encounter, but the most over used saying of football at the moment is " playing badly and winning ".
The team looked very jaded after the disappointment on Weds. night so a comfortable win was needed to lift their spirits!

Already played Chelsea at home mate - 2-1???? You probably meant Liver[pool no?

Damocles said:

Job done then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.