the 1 game you could play again

1976 v Liverpool at home, City winning 1-0 when Dave Watson scores an own goal in the 89th minute. Liverpool won the title by 1 point that season. If we had held on in that game im sure we would have been champions,from then on everything would have been so different. (for a year or 2).

bridgeblue said:
1976 v Liverpool at home, City winning 1-0 when Dave Watson scores an own goal in the 89th minute. Liverpool won the title by 1 point that season. If we had held on in that game im sure we would have been champions,from then on everything would have been so different. (for a year or 2).

Well, we would have won the title by 1 point. I was at Coventry last game and we won 1-0 (Jimmy Conway?). Then it went around that West Ham had beaten Liverpool... we were celebrating until 'radio man' told us it was wrong. That was gutting! In our darkest hours, I never thought I'd see those days again. Thankfully I was wrong; I truly believe those days are upon us lads & lasses..

Don't know when it was or who we played,but the one where Swales decided the team weren't going anywhere and to bring back Mal and effectively sack Tony Book.
All the trouble with the club started from this point and is only now being rectified,managerial and boardroom incompetence 101.

Hamburg home last year - Caicedo and Richards each missing from 2 yards out and Elano hitting the post twice with free kicks. Could've battered them if those misses go our way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.