The 2018-19 Season

Didn't enjoy it one bit, after every game I felt knackered and I wasn't even playing. That Burnley game and Spurs at home after the champions league game was brutal to watch.

This was the first season after I had left Failsworth and moved to Pickering ( gave up my season card ). Yorkshire lads supporting Leeds no probs, but rag fans wtf. Came back for a few games thanks to my Failsworth blue mates, but I pissed off the locals that night when Vinny let fly. Great season we showed a lot of bottle to go on that run.
Guess the rest of the country missed it as it never gets mentioned ;-)

We ran away with it the year before. Lfc ran away with it this year.

Last year was the pinnacle of football in this country, all other seasons will be measured against it, and we won it.
Despite the obvious "hindrance" we got, and "help" others got, we still did it, amazing, but I'll forever love the previous season too.

The turning point that season for me was after we lost to Newcastle on the Tuesday night - Liverpool had the chance to go 7pts clear the following night against Leicester and only drew.
Me and my son had the night out in Newcastle after that (my last away game), met with some Geordies before and after, before they asked that we be gentle with them, we scored so early I thought it was going to be a long night for them, as we'd arranged to meet them after the game. When we met later they were gobsmacked, and didn't take the piss, they only hung around for a pint or so (all had work in the morning as it was midweek, but we were staying the night), as we chatted they and us both said we'll probably have to win every game now, and have a bit of luck. I never imagined we would, but my main Geordie mate was the first to text me when we clinched it on the last day, and said something along the lines of glad we pissed you off in January.

We went out on the piss after the game, not really arsed as we thought it was done, had a great night out, went to bed about 3am, will remember that night as long as many others in the last few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.