The Agenda: Part Deux

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Look up the definition of "source" if it's too complicated for you.

Well it's good to have someone like you on the internet to provide us poor uneducated types with the benefit of your knowledge and experience. And in a non-patronising way too.

But perhaps you could help me. In court if a journalist is required to reveal his or her source, do they:

a) say the name of the person who told them the story, or
b) say the name of someone else

If your fanciful story is true and Liverpool released a story about another teams interest in one of their players, just to embarrass an opposition manager then as far as I'm concerned they are the source of the story.

You would have been more believable if you just stuck with wink, wink, nudge, nudge policy of dropping hints about Mancini giving the story to the press direct.

Anyway, thanks for the journalism lesson. I hope you can tell just how much I value it.

You NEVER reveal a source. True journalists go to prison for this belief.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Look up the definition of "source" if it's too complicated for you.

Well it's good to have someone like you on the internet to provide us poor uneducated types with the benefit of your knowledge and experience. And in a non-patronising way too.

But perhaps you could help me. In court if a journalist is required to reveal his or her source, do they:

a) say the name of the person who told them the story, or
b) say the name of someone else

If your fanciful story is true and Liverpool released a story about another teams interest in one of their players, just to embarrass an opposition manager then as far as I'm concerned they are the source of the story.

You would have been more believable if you just stuck with wink, wink, nudge, nudge policy of dropping hints about Mancini giving the story to the press direct.

Anyway, thanks for the journalism lesson. I hope you can tell just how much I value it.

You NEVER reveal a source. True journalists go to prison for this belief.

Tolm, your credibility is stretched far beyond breaking point if we are to take this to mean you regard Lawrenson as a "true journalist"...

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.