The Alan Ball era

Born 84, lived in Salford supporting city and England cricket in the 90s, I can take pretty much anything thrown at me. Fucking horrible.
Exactly this. Look at all the United fans now, can’t handle anything less than glory. I tell them to take it like this for 44 years & it’s not actually as bad as it gets….yet….

people will probably point to Pearce but for me this was the worst of times. A literally unbelievable appointment of a person with an average (at best) managerial eecord

What WAS Franny thinking???
The Pearce era, apart from the first few months, where he did okay in all fairness and nearly got us into Europe (had we beaten Boro and finished 7th!) I remember as being very, very dull. In the time he was here I seem to remember seeing numerous goalless draws.
There was some logic to Pearce's appointment, as he was a good player and captain briefly for City and others for longer periods. He was on the coaching staff at City, he was an 'unknown quantity'as a manager, it may have worked, it didn't!
Alan Ball, on the other hand had a proven track record as being a very poor manager, and to most blues it was obvious we'd get relegated the minute he was appointed! Really it was such a poor decision.
Clearly, it was because he was Franny's mate, but it also pushed us along way down that slippery slope into the 3rd tier!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.