The Album Review Club - Week #121 - (page 1429) - Day for Night - The Tragically Hip

To help a bit/lot - the clues are of a linguistic nature.

• Stock photo

Bingo.

Is that the guy that did 'Donald Where's your Troosers'?

Sadly it's not him but maybe some other time.
It is indeed the magnificent Andy Stewart. One of Scotland's finest musical contribution to the world, beaten only by Lena Martell who scarily also made an album entitled 'My Homeland'.

It is indeed the magnificent Andy Stewart. One of Scotland's finest musical contribution to the world, beaten only by Lena Martell who scarily also made an album entitled 'My Homeland'.
I remember one holiday in Italy where for some reason my kids kept playing and singing "Donald Where's your Troosers'. They thought it was very amusing - I found it somewhat less so! I did become quite fond of the song in a way though, especially the one where he switches from the traditional version to a rock and roll one.

I'm most definitely not from Yorkshire. How dare you suggest such a thing ;-)

Actually I am from neither of those places though I do live in one of them at the moment and when in the UK I live in the other.

The clues are all there in my earlier post. I was thinking I had made it too easy but perhaps not.
Humble apologies - I was going off your user name. Maybe I’ve missed some history on here but others seem to think/know you are Scottish. If so, that doesn’t narrow it down much again. I’m intrigued all the same.

Humble apologies - I was going off your user name. Maybe I’ve missed some history on here but others seem to think/know you are Scottish. If so, that doesn’t narrow it down much again. I’m intrigued all the same.
Knowledge of a certain language would help work it out. There was me thinking I'd made it too obvious!

The key sentence with the clues was - 'The absolute cream of the crop from my homeland.'

Knowledge of a certain language would help work it out. There was me thinking I'd made it too obvious!

The key sentence with the clues was - 'The absolute cream of the crop from my homeland.'
Went with absolut to start with, but figured you’re not swedish. Album title of cream of the crop by supremes but not american. Next shout was song title by status quo, but they’re from London. Sooooo, Gregory Isaacs it is then! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.