The Album Review Club - Week #125 - (page 1524) - Listen Like Thieves - INXS

No. I said I love it, and I do - listened twice through already.

And I think that most on here will like it.

And I think this will be in the top 10 come this time next week. Our top 10 table that is, not the charts, obviously.
Wow, what an absolute hex that is — especially as I can’t give it a 9 or perhaps a 10, which I would.

No. I said I love it, and I do - listened twice through already.

And I think that most on here will like it.

And I think this will be in the top 10 come this time next week. Our top 10 table that is, not the charts, obviously.

How did you get on today bud?

Wow, what an absolute hex that is — especially as I can’t give it a 9 or perhaps a 10, which I would.
There is the danger of me over-hyping it. Apologies in advance if I've raised expectations and people are subsequently disappointed. But part of this thread is considered opinion and talking it though, whilst another part is the sheer joy and exuberance of discovering a hidden gem, or in this case somebody pointing you towards one.

Still, it's my reputation on the line here because I've stuck my neck out and predicted a top 10 finish - I wouldn't do that if I thought that it was something I loved and not many others would "get". I'm sure it will be fun finding out.

As you missed it, I also said this on the playlist thread:-

"In my humble opinion, JJ Cale may be looking over his shoulder as Foggy storms around the last 100m, but what do I know, eh?"

How did you get on today bud?
Thanks for asking. It was OK. The confined spaces of an MRI scanner don't bother me, but the thought of spending 50 minutes in a metal tube being told I couldn't move a muscle bothered me a lot - especially as I hurt my back at the weekend (unrelated to the scan) and lying on my back was absolute agony. Thankfully ibuprofen and paracetamol did their job and I was OK.

I was relieved that despite my constant fidgeting, the radiographer said that the images from the scan were good.

Obviously today told me nothing about what I'm facing, but it's another step done and dusted.

Ha, I'm 95% sure I've seen them live but I have no recollection where! In fairness it was an era when I was going to about 3 gigs a week including some proper random stuff. They weren't the headline act but apart from that I've got nothing :-) Peel used to like them I seem to remember. Unless I'm getting them confused, beyond a bit of a psychobilly following I don't remember them being that country? I'll probably have a listen and then realise I'm thinking of someone completely different, age is a terrible thing.

There is the danger of me over-hyping it. Apologies in advance if I've raised expectations and people are subsequently disappointed. But part of this thread is considered opinion and talking it though, whilst another part is the sheer joy and exuberance of discovering a hidden gem, or in this case somebody pointing you towards one.

Still, it's my reputation on the line here because I've stuck my neck out and predicted a top 10 finish - I wouldn't do that if I thought that it was something I loved and not many others would "get". I'm sure it will be fun finding out.

As you missed it, I also said this on the playlist thread:-

"In my humble opinion, JJ Cale may be looking over his shoulder as Foggy storms around the last 100m, but what do I know, eh?"

Thanks for asking. It was OK. The confined spaces of an MRI scanner don't bother me, but the thought of spending 50 minutes in a metal tube being told I couldn't move a muscle bothered me a lot - especially as I hurt my back at the weekend (unrelated to the scan) and lying on my back was absolute agony. Thankfully ibuprofen and paracetamol did their job and I was OK.

I was relieved that despite my constant fidgeting, the radiographer said that the images from the scan were good.

Obviously today told me nothing about what I'm facing, but it's another step done and dusted.
I always fall asleep in the tube.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.