The Album Review Club - Week #125 - (page 1524) - Listen Like Thieves - INXS

I first came across Mick Head through Shack and the fine album in its own right Waterpistol. An album that came out around Britpop but should through lost tapes and record company nonsense come out a couple of years later. Like a few Liverpudlian bands the influence isn't The Beatles but Love and Forever Changes. The Head brother's were part of Arthur's touring band before Baby Lemonade took over. Mick's much publicised drug issues have meant fairly sporadic releases. A good run early 2000s and then not much until a recent run of well received work with Bill Ryder- Jones producing. The song The Prize sums up this album and his work best. I won't score it (even though it would be top end) as I saw with Radiohead random posters always score high because it's an album close to their hearts. I can't remember someone coming in and saying 2/10 bag of shite. I suspect it will fall between 6-7 but doubt anyone will hate. Quiet room, headphones,glass of your favourite and hopefully you will enjoy.

MH & Strands 8/10. Not my favourite, prefer Waterpistol and even HMS Fable (sometimes), but it has my favourite MH song - Something Like You. Apart from Waterpistol, I think his albums always have 3-4 great songs and some not so great. Not heard the new one yet.

MH & Strands 8/10. Not my favourite, prefer Waterpistol and even HMS Fable (sometimes), but it has my favourite MH song - Something Like You. Apart from Waterpistol, I think his albums always have 3-4 great songs and some not so great. Not heard the new one yet.
I'd say that was a very fair and accurate opinion, personally I was never a huge fan of HMS Fable but Comedy is arguably one of his best compositions. Here's Tom is possibly my favourite Shack album. His new album is pretty much as you described - 3-4 great songs on it, some not so.

Reactions: C90
Meant to say non regular contributors will give high scores
I'm impressed with the speed of your Field of Dreams results. ;-)

(“If you build it, they will come”)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.