The Album Review Club - Week #125 - (page 1524) - Listen Like Thieves - INXS

A lot of the "Manchester" scene was just watered down versions of the real thing, which was the Mondays, really. It was basically the Manchester indie scene but with MDMA. The dance scene in Manchester had been going for years...Acid house had already been popular since the mid 80s.
Haha...INXS? Nah...totally different. Madchester was the working class kids getting on one. INXS were just a manufactured teeny-pop act.
Bit of trivia , my mates brother was ‘The Monday’s ‘ first manager and like me was a big VU fan hence he got John Cale to produce the first album.

No apologies needed.
I said it was marmite and everyone’s taste is personal.
To me some of the albums previously posted were music to bore you to death but that’s ok so no offence taken if the ISB are not your cup of tea.
I’ve had a listen and I have to say I think I confused this with another album. It’s not what I was expecting I have to admit. It is er, interesting though. I will certainly give it a couple more listens before scoring though. It is undoubtedly an interesting choice.

I guess I won’t be asking for another go with a Tom Waits album!
I’d rather Tom Waits tbh.
Would have been better if Tom didn’t wait.
I think it’s incredible that they called themselves Incredible.
The album is terribly dated, but I couldn’t find anything remarkable about any of the music. Least said the better about the lead vocals. Some of the songs may have worked without him.
Not for me DLB.
If Providence was self indulgent with the last album then what the hell is this whole album.
Unincredible!
I was genuinely bored before I got halfway through the first song.

Great pick mate!
You’ll be hard to beat.

3/10.

I’d rather Tom Waits tbh.
Would have been better if Tom didn’t wait.
I think it’s incredible that they called themselves Incredible.
The album is terribly dated, but I couldn’t find anything remarkable about any of the music. Least said the better about the lead vocals. Some of the songs may have worked without him.
Not for me DLB.
If Providence was self indulgent with the last album then what the hell is this whole album.
Unincredible!
I was genuinely bored before I got halfway through the first song.

Great pick mate!
You’ll be hard to beat.

3/10.
You’re welcome

Last edited:
Bit of trivia , my mates brother was ‘The Monday’s ‘ first manager and like me was a big VU fan hence he got John Cale to produce the first album.
Was he the guy that used to sell me semi-flared jeans back in the mid-80s??

I've had a listen too, and I plan a very thorough review, and this one is going to require another listen as well so I can get my words just right. I need to finish writing something more boring for work first, so it may be a bit.

As a preview -- I will say two things to @denislawsbackheel:

1) Your fairly incredible description of this record was one of the best "reviews" I've read -- a real treat -- and . . .
2) Your sentence Next up is The Minotaur’s Song, the catchiest, most 'normal' sounding song on the album is about as far from my experience as Edinburgh is from Saturn's third largest moon.

More to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.