The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1844) - Lovers Electric - Lovers Electric

Apologies for missing the last couple of weeks - I did play the on holiday card! Only had a couple of days to give this one a whirl. I’ve heard some Spirit stuff over the years and found it quite pleasant. Listening to a whole album wasn’t such a pleasing experience if I’m being honest. It was a bit of a slog as it is (to me) quite disjointed. Not a complete disaster and there’s some stuff that I quite enjoyed - not sure how much play time it will get moving forward though. 5/10 - if I’m not too late!!

I agree that’s a good idea, it seems we have a lot less participants during the holiday season.
I’m not sure. Maybe moving to two weeks would dilute it more. At least at one week there is a relatively quick turnover of albums. I’ll be honest that recently if I know i don’t like an album I just leave it rather than put in a poor score.

I’m not sure. Maybe moving to two weeks would dilute it more. At least at one week there is a relatively quick turnover of albums. I’ll be honest that recently if I know i don’t like an album I just leave it rather than put in a poor score.
That's not in the spirit - you have to vote and mull over both good and bad albums!

The extras are just different versions as far as I could see.

Who is on next.
Nobody.

We are moving to a two-week turnaround in the summer. Things seem to be moving at a glacial pace these last few weeks, and quite a few people have said that we should adopt the two-week approach - well more people than objected anyway.

Really liked this album.Fresh Garbage the only Spirit song I had heard before this.
An album of it's time that is still sounding good to me.
The only track I did not like was Space Child with the rest all good.
Natures Way,Animal Zoo,Mr Skin,Street Worm,Morning Will Come and Rougher Road my favourites.
For some reason I got a Who vibe on some tracks.Anybody else with the vocals and backing singers or is it just me.8/10.

Nobody.

We are moving to a two-week turnaround in the summer. Things seem to be moving at a glacial pace these last few weeks, and quite a few people have said that we should adopt the two-week approach - well more people than objected anyway.

I object.

That's 2-1 to sticking with one week.

A bit short notice that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.