The Album Review Club - Week #128 - (page 1587) - Pretty Vicious - The Struts

I remember a time you wanted this thread and the top 1100 nomination every week! :)
I miss the top 1100 thread! It was so much fun to take the absolute piss out of some of the shite that somehow made it onto that list. That said I STILL haven’t offered up a record that’s on that list here yet. Might change next round, we’ll see . . .

I think my ears were bigger than my stomach frankly :)

It has certainly been an added bonus coming on this forum and beign able to post without being accused of being a WUM or getting the knee jerk responses of "feral, vermin, scum" etc

It has also been wonderful to actually get out of my usually sad FOC routine and listen to actual "new" music, or rather music that I havent actually been listening to for the last 40 odd years. perhaps it has actually got me to be more active as I actually booked my first concert tickets for about 25 years this morning. Its the Pixies for me next August up in Belfast, which will be about 35yrs since I saw them first.

Another great thing about this thread is the fact that it does make me actually listen abit more intently to music. I was perhaps one of those that listens very superficially to music. Does it have a hook? Do I like the voice or the instrument? So thank you all for that.

Laughing also at some of the comments some have made as I think my selection really will be something different...and as said before its not Wombles or Gerry Marsden

Right, here's a clue to the album title... will be back in an hour if this is insufficient

1700665809229.png

I did put the question out last time this was raised and most seemed to be in favour of keeping it weekly. But if anybody else feels different, shout out now.

That said, there will be a 3-week Christmas break coming up soon, and as we still have the monster playlists thread, I don't plan on doing an extra playlist on here this time around.
That’s a shame. The monster playlist thread quickly got too big for me. Was looking forward to the Christmas break one

That’s a shame. The monster playlist thread quickly got too big for me. Was looking forward to the Christmas break one
Fair enough, I will put one together if enough are interested.

When I said a 3-week break, it's actually 2 because the last album runs 13th - 20th december.

We'll probably have do do it alongside that last nomination so that it's ready to roll on 20th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.