The Album Review Club - Week #128 - (page 1587) - Pretty Vicious - The Struts

I think they are, like Oasis, a rock band but I've not seen them live, yet. My daughters and I have tickets to see them in October. Their only gig in the UK so far this year was at Download, which is very much a rock festival. This album also got into Classic Rock magazine's top 50 albums for last year.
They are "Oasis Shandy" actually closer to McFly! .....download was only just about a rock festival this year, so watered down, it verged on a pop festival ;)
BTW.....I do actually quite like the album on first listen, in an 'easy going pop type of mood'

They are "Oasis Shandy" actually closer to McFly! .....download was only just about a rock festival this year, so watered down, it verged on a pop festival ;)
BTW.....I do actually quite like the album on first listen, in an 'easy going pop type of mood'
I have some familiarity with McFly, thanks to my daughters, and The Struts are much more rock n roll; although one track - I Won’t Run - on the album does get close to boy band territory.

Half way through the first listen. It's definitely a pop album for me.

I can see how this would be good intergenerational matchday travel music. It's not blowing my socks off but it's pleasant enough. I quite like the singers voice, albeit it's not very Derby, and they did a decent job of the Ian Hunter song too.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.