The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Ha ha now that would be interesting..! Or what's the next album from each contributor!

Could get stats on genre/decade/units sold etc too

When we get AI that is powerful enough to accurately predict what Bimbo is going to do next, that's when we need to start crapping ourselves.

I suspect we would have shared some teachers then. You must have been one of the first to do Computer Studies because I'm pretty sure it wasn't an option for me despite the fact that was what I was planning to study post A-levels.
Probably - Mr Baker for Physics and Mr McDowell for Maths.

(Apologies to others for the outbreak of 80s Loreto nostalgia)

Probably - Mr Baker for Physics and Mr McDowell for Maths.

(Apologies to others for the outbreak of 80s Loreto nostalgia)

Had Mr Baker got rid of the Ford Capri that had badly painted physics equations all over it by the time you arrived ?

(Last piece of nostalgia before I get back on topic)

Had Mr Baker got rid of the Ford Capri that had badly painted physics equations all over it by the time you arrived ?

(Last piece of nostalgia before I get back on topic)
I don’t remember seeing it. I do remember that he looked like Peter Duncan from Blue Peter.

I blame BimboBob for his excellent crafting of the album review that’s taken us all back to 1982 (much like Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite).

Nice! Now do music genres

Here you go. Just for you because they were being mean earlier about you feeling poorly...

I've used the SACS model for genre families. Alt rock (nice broad family) wins the day over more traditional types of rock. Whilst most of the folk is folk rock, I was surprised by how much of it there actually was.
Need more jazz, you're definitely getting some Coltrane at some point.

1713996802331.png

SACS (Spires Arbitrary Categorisation System)

Core rock includes the likes of metal, hard rock, blues rock etc
Alt rock includes punk, post punk, art rock, indie, power pop etc
Americana includes country rock but heartland is in Core rock
Folk is mostly folk rock
Electronica is anything that uses synths properly and that by definition excludes anything with the bastard DX7

(Edited to reinclude the 2 Classical offerings removed from the date ones)

Last edited:
Great shout this, at last one I can enthuse about :-)

Poison Arrow has suffered a bit from over-exposure to my ears over the decades but the overall standard is so high. Date Stamp, All of My Heart, Tears are not Enough, Look of Love, just so many classics. Anything Horn produced back then was essential listening. The Midas Touch.

I’d actually flag up Mark White as the real unsung genius of the band. He gave up and left Martin on his own a few years back, but he sustained brilliant songwriting for so many years. With their(his) live shows over the years I think he’s relied a bit too much on these songs at the expense of Beauty Stab (my favourite) and the other albums, but I suppose that was the biggest seller.

A genius record.

Last edited:
Great shout this, at last one I can enthuse about :-)

Poison Arrow has suffered a bit from over-exposure to my ears over the decades but the overall standard is so high. Date Stamp, All of My Heart, Tears are not Enough, Look of Love, just so many classics. Anything Horn produced back that was essential listening. The Midas Touch.

I’d actually flag up Mark White as the real unsung genius of the band. He gave up and left Martin on his own a few years back, but he sustained brilliant songwriting for so many years. With their(his) live shows over the years I think he’s relied a bit too much on these songs at the expense of Beauty Stab (my favourite) and the other albums, but I suppose that was the biggest seller.

A genius record.
Agree on Mark White, now give us a score!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.