The Album Review Club - Week #130 - (page 1611) - Rattus Norvegicus - The Stranglers

I toyed with nominating Original Pirate Material instead as it's an 'easier' listen and more conventionally brilliant, but (especially in light of how successful OPM was) there is a just a level of ambition to this, including the conscious decision to not even rap 'properly', that it won the day as my choice.

(If you've no need to listen to this one, the other one I was going to go with was Psychodrama by Dave).

I prefer OPM as has some better tracks (Let's Push Things Forward, Has It Come To This and Weak Become Heroes) especially, but I like the story concept on this one, both has it charms and weaknesses and can relate to so much of it in my teen years.

I prefer OPM as has some better tracks (Let's Push Things Forward, Has It Come To This and Weak Become Heroes) especially, but I like the story concept on this one, both has it charms and weaknesses and can relate to so much of it in my teen years.
It’s good that we’re doing hip hop as it paves the way for my MIA nomination next time :)

I shall indeed have to go away and think of more cryptic clues for my offering post Christmas now. No way would i have got that.
Another one I have in my collection and have given alot of play to. As was said, I do think OPM is the better album but shall go away and revisit this with plenty of Scrambled eggs and plenty of fried tomoto.
...Very surprised at only a 6 from BH!

I shall indeed have to go away and think of more cryptic clues for my offering post Christmas now. No way would i have got that.
Another one I have in my collection and have given alot of play to. As was said, I do think OPM is the better album but shall go away and revisit this with plenty of Scrambled eggs and plenty of fried tomoto.
...Very surprised at only a 6 from BH!

Upgraded to 7 on reflection.

Yes was going to mention its good to have a different genre on here.
Not one I can profess to having much knowledge of if I’m honest.
My son was really into Eminem as a nipper and that morfed into other stuff he still listens to, most of which I don’t mind.
My only exposure to Hip Hop was to the rather enjoyable Blakroc album which was a collaboration between The Black Keys and various Hip Hop artists.
An interesting selection….

Not one I can profess to having much knowledge of if I’m honest.
My son was really into Eminem as a nipper and that morfed into other stuff he still listens to, most of which I don’t mind.
My only exposure to Hip Hop was to the rather enjoyable Blakroc album which was a collaboration between The Black Keys and various Hip Hop artists.
An interesting selection….

I’ve always struggled with rap/hip hop but would be interested to venture down a few classic ones like 2pac, Jay Z, BIG etc

The Streets are not your conventional rap players - hence there broad appeal to many.

(If you've no need to listen to this one, the other one I was going to go with was Psychodrama by Dave).
My now-adult sons did not recognize this week's nomination ("we were too young for FIFA '05"), but they did see Dave in ATL at a very small venue in the front row last year for his second album.

I was busy seeing DBT (for the first time) at another small venue closer to home, so everyone was happy that week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.