The Album Review Club - Week #137 - (page 1774) - Wet Dream - Richard Wright

I’m a passer by to this thread but bought this for a quid in Asda a couple of months ago for the car and hammered it for weeks.

Some quality tracks on it and really interesting story that you can focus on or just enjoy the tracks you like.

I’ll give it a solid 7 unless half scores count, in which case, 7.5.

I prefer OPM as has some better tracks (Let's Push Things Forward, Has It Come To This and Weak Become Heroes) especially, but I like the story concept on this one, both has it charms and weaknesses and can relate to so much of it in my teen years.

I shall indeed have to go away and think of more cryptic clues for my offering post Christmas now. No way would i have got that.
Another one I have in my collection and have given alot of play to. As was said, I do think OPM is the better album but shall go away and revisit this with plenty of Scrambled eggs and plenty of fried tomoto.
...Very surprised at only a 6 from BH!

I agree that conventionally speaking OPM is hands down the better album. Depending on what comments people make, I'm hoping to persuade the more committed to listen to a couple of tracks on OPM to help better contextualise what I actually think is going on with AGDCFF which I think is one of the bravest (or depending on your point of view, maddest) things any artist has done this side of 2000.

My now-adult sons did not recognize this week's nomination ("we were too young for FIFA '05"), but they did see Dave in ATL at a very small venue in the front row last year for his second album.

I was busy seeing DBT (for the first time) at another small venue closer to home, so everyone was happy that week.

Haha, 'Fit But You Know It' was indeed on FIFA 05. This album is nearly 20 years old. Where does the time go?

Wouldn't mind seeing DBT myself but can't see them coming over here any time soon.

I'm still raging at not going with it, not only because I did think it, but hecause we also discussed this album before with threespires, when the Idles playlist was on.

I did have you down as odds on to guess this one first.

(If you've no need to listen to this one, the other one I was going to go with was Psychodrama by Dave).
Thank god you didnt otherwise I would probably have gone lower than my 4 for PJ. I collected my son from work this evening and mentioned that someone had suggested listening and reviewing "Psychodrama"...so of course he insisted on putting it on in the car....fucking hated it...every track has that "super annoying" snare, tska, tska, tska, tska through it and any track where they say "yute" all the time....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I did have you down as odds on to guess this one first.

Oh thanks, yea that makes me feel better!

So what was the victoria reference I was missing then?

Had it been David rather than her, he does indeed day Free instead of Three.

I’m a passer by to this thread but bought this for a quid in Asda a couple of months ago for the car and hammered it for weeks.

Some quality tracks on it and really interesting story that you can focus on or just enjoy the tracks you like.

I’ll give it a solid 7 unless half scores count, in which case, 7.5.
Halves count and welcome to the thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.