The Album Review Club - Week #128 - (page 1587) - Pretty Vicious - The Struts

I'm sure we had a song off this in one of the 'break' playlists on this thread.

I thought the name rang a bell.

Got it on. It sounds a bit like the music you hear when you go into a multi-media installation at a gallery or a museum.

The imagery it is conjuring up for me is quite in keeping with it's apparent theme. I will not watch the film until I've done a few listens. It will be interesting to hear what images it evokes for other people.

Last edited:
An interesting selection by @LGWIO that was received favourably, narrowly missing out on the hallowed '7' average but finishing in a respectable 26th position. Pacific Street by The Pale Fountains scored an identical record to Roxy Music - 14 votes at an average of 6.93.

What's more we saw a returning member award a magical '10' and even managed to add a new member to the list of nominators, so all's good!

With the round-up out of the way before lunchtime, the way is clear for @GoatersLeftShin to show us what he's got.
The horns for the Pale Fountains were from Andy Diagram - later of James fame, at the time the album came out he was also playing for Dislocation Dance

Just a big "Thank you" from everyone who gave my nomination a listen and rating, very much appreciated and pleased it wasnt a huge "reach", with the overall result and that it has introduced Michael head and his work to a few new ears.
Yet again this new nomination is a new one for me so will be interesting, especially having just read @threespires imagery

Just a big "Thank you" from everyone who gave my nomination a listen and rating, very much appreciated and pleased it wasnt a huge "reach", with the overall result and that it has introduced Michael head and his work to a few new ears.
Yet again this new nomination is a new one for me so will be interesting, especially having just read @threespires imagery

I've deleted that, it was light hearted but on reflection given that this is going to be very much about what images this evokes for people it was counterproductive.

Reminds me of some of the music that plays walking around EPCOT at Walt Disney World.

It will be interesting to hear what people make of the individual tracks, what thoughts they conjure up for them. Goat has shared his with us, be interesting to see similarities and contrasts. It'll require a proper listening but hopefully we're all up for that.

Having had Pablo Honey foisted on me years ago by a colleague, I've never listened to another Radiohead album and am more than happy to go with the flow and accept they are crap on this small, but painful, sample.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.