The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Good luck with the move mate. You must have mixed feelings moving back.
Thanks mate.

No mixed feelings. Absolutely dreading it. Leaving a place where we're so happy to go somewhere that we don't really want to be but ultimately the kids' needs have to come first. Just got to remind myself it's only for 2 years!!

Thanks mate.

No mixed feelings. Absolutely dreading it. Leaving a place where we're so happy to go somewhere that we don't really want to be but ultimately the kids' needs have to come first. Just got to remind myself it's only for 2 years!!
I genuinely feel for you. I wish I could say it’s not that bad. Mind you, if you are heading back to N.Y. Then there are worse parts of the country to live :-).
Looking Fwd to listening to your nomination. I like opera, particularly Mozart and Puccini. Don’t know this one but familiar with some Of Dvorak work and like it.

I think the fairest thing for me to do is give this one a miss.
I just don’t know when I d find the time or mood to play this through.
I’ve tried already and it’s just pointless.
Classical music, I can take and although I’m not knowledgeable on it there are several pieces I love, even those that I can’t identify but recognise when I hear them.

But opera has always seemed the most pointless music ever conceived to my ears. I don’t know what they are singing about and yet they insist on singing every word of whatever story it is supposed to be, even the non melodic or tuneless parts.

I had this on for about 15 minutes and although the music was pleasant enough, the singing started and I just automatically switched off. I can’t do it. There is no opportunity I can think of where I would play this through and listening in bits and pieces seems pointless to me, as it has no meaning whatsoever.
Sorry @KnaresboroughBlue but I’ll respectfully withdraw from this one.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.