The Album Review Club - Week #132 - (page 1659) - Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Hats Blue Nile.
Going against the grain here.What a struggle this was.
Fell asleep on the first 3 listens.
Eventually got through the whole album a couple of times.Enough is enough.
Hated their first album enough for this to be the first time I have listened to them again.
Hopefully never again.
The vocals okay but the actual music did nothing for me.Tuneless 7 songs all very samey.
Not one song would I say was good.
Another Scottixh act that I do not get.
In a generous mood so 3.

Seeing how @bennyboy has broken the run of decent scores I’ll jump on his bandwagon.
Not really my cup of tea this. I’d agree the vocals aren’t unpleasant, the rest is bland and too one paced for my tender ears.
Little bit of guitar added an extra point for me - 4/10 (I’m feeling generous)

Hats Blue Nile.
Going against the grain here.What a struggle this was.
Fell asleep on the first 3 listens.
Eventually got through the whole album a couple of times.Enough is enough.
Hated their first album enough for this to be the first time I have listened to them again.
Hopefully never again.
The vocals okay but the actual music did nothing for me.Tuneless 7 songs all very samey.
Not one song would I say was good.
Another Scottixh act that I do not get.
In a generous mood so 3.
Yes, we are all individuals.

First listen was on way back from work Friday morning after a night shift. Not sure if that was exactly the best time to appreciate it...but one huge plus point for it is that it certainly helps my fuel comsumption. Never felt the need to go about 60 and it just upped to 61.5mpg. maybe I should keep playing it!

I shall give it a few more listens over the weekend but, having read so many of the gushing reviews, I have to think I missed something on my first listen.

First listen was on way back from work Friday morning after a night shift. Not sure if that was exactly the best time to appreciate it...but one huge plus point for it is that it certainly helps my fuel comsumption. Never felt the need to go about 60 and it just upped to 61.5mpg. maybe I should keep playing it!

I shall give it a few more listens over the weekend but, having read so many of the gushing reviews, I have to think I missed something on my first listen.
Not sure you’ve missed anything tbh.
Ive listened to it multiple times now.
I’m erring towards the ‘I love it’ side of things, but here’s the thing with me anyway.

I definitely think I’ve overscored the three last albums because of where I feel I’m going with this.

I’m at a 7 but basically would listen to this well above Oasis or Inxs.

Not sure you’ve missed anything tbh.
Ive listened to it multiple times now.
I’m erring towards the ‘I love it’ side of things, but here’s the thing with me anyway.

I definitely think I’ve overscored the three last albums because of where I feel I’m going with this.

I’m at a 7 but basically would listen to this well above Oasis or Inxs.
Your score for INXS and Oasis was based on your thoughts and mood at the time.

I go up and down on albums all the time.

Yea if memory serves me correct, their manager (a local tattie dealer) was a wrong un. One or more of the band suffered sexual abuse by him which left its scars. More scandals from attempted suicide to financial fraud to alcohol and drug addiction hit the band and at least a couple are now deceased. Unhappy lives bless them.
Their manager, Tam Paton was a ****, from an article in the Guardian:

Tam Paton controlled every aspect of their lives, sexually and emotionally abused them and facilitated their abuse by others.

Your score for INXS and Oasis was based on your thoughts and mood at the time.

I go up and down on albums all the time.
True and I don’t really find competition in musical tastes anyway.
Scoring is good for fun I suppose, but the real joy in here is the discussion.
The dedate that is generated is cordial for the most part compared to other threads on the forum. Considering how individual music taste is, the back and forth is always civilised and our personal humour or foibles become part of the thread as we become familiar.

Just like the political threads.
Cough, cough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.