The Album Review Club - Week #135 - (page 1719) - Stop Making Sense (Live) - Talking Heads

I very rarely vote on here but thanks to @BlueMoonRisin’ for this.
I was brought up on Rick Wakeman,Yes and Genesis so looked down on any music as inferior.
My girlfriend at the time (we were 16) loved the same music but was infatuated by JJ Brunel.
Forced to listen to Rattus it immediately erased my pompous attitude. They weren’t tuneless punks after all. In fact, in Greenfield and Brunel highly competent musicians.
Down in the Sewer is my favourite along with the better known singles. I also liked London Lady.
What this album did was open my ears to other music and stop being pre-judgemental.
Taking into consideration the parochialism of the time a healthy 8/10

Sorry guys, didn't know the thread etiquette.

There's one poster who is particularly fond of guessing the album from the clues. If you get any random leg pains later, that'll be the voodoo doll of you that he's fashioning as we speak.

Haven't heard this in a very long time so will be really interesting to see what I make of it these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.