The Album Review Club - Week #137 - (page 1774) - Wet Dream - Richard Wright

Thread business. @journolud has asked to drop down the batting order so I want to bump the next four posters one week forward.

Please can the following posters let me know if the new dates are OK:-

@FogBlueInSanFran 31/7
@Mancitydoogle 7/8
@threespires 14/7
@LGWIO 21/7
Slot me in again whenever convenient - happy to drop to the end of the list. After the current offering I’m sure a few will be happy to wait for my choice :)

Not for me — busiest two weeks of my year at work which is why I missed the Stanglers (I have thoughts, I did listen). Happy to do anytime after next week.
No probs, thanks for letting me know.

We are going to need somebody to step in next week and everybody yet to nominate in this round to move up some places.

I’m sure we can work it out before next week.

Slot me in again whenever convenient - happy to drop to the end of the list. After the current offering I’m sure a few will be happy to wait for my choice :)
Sorry, I forgot you were on the tbd list - you can have next week if you want.

The music side is just personal preference. It's all very bitty - no meaty riffs or solos or instrumental passages - but I appreciate that not everybody wants that or that it suits every type of music.

I say this all the time, but it never ceases to fascinate me that we all listen to the same thing and yet hear something completely different. Had I been born into money I reckon I'd have probably tried to become a researcher into the relative roles of nature and nurture on musical preferences.

At the risk of sounding like a nutter, some of the experiments they've done with mice are really interesting, reversing stress induced depression (yes a mouse can have depression but not sure how ethical it is inducing it) through the playing of music at night; how mice react differently to metal compared to other genres etc. in humans there's all sorts of stuff, sound perception differences of left and right handers etc.

No probs, thanks for letting me know.

We are going to need somebody to step in next week and everybody yet to nominate in this round to move up some places.

I’m sure we can work it out before next week.
Sounds like you have Gornik all ready for next week, but if you are still looking for other weeks with the reshuffling, mine planned on 25/9 is ready to go whenever.

I say this all the time, but it never ceases to fascinate me that we all listen to the same thing and yet hear something completely different. Had I been born into money I reckon I'd have probably tried to become a researcher into the relative roles of nature and nurture on musical preferences.

At the risk of sounding like a nutter, some of the experiments they've done with mice are really interesting, reversing stress induced depression (yes a mouse can have depression but not sure how ethical it is inducing it) through the playing of music at night; how mice react differently to metal compared to other genres etc. in humans there's all sorts of stuff, sound perception differences of left and right handers etc.
Does the research show that mice have a particular penchant for metal then, or am I reading too much into your thesis?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.