The Album Review Club - Week #137 - (page 1774) - Wet Dream - Richard Wright

Oh mate, can't leave us hanging. Better or worse than the Streets?

Another one who's doubled his score from The Streets so I think that answers your question.

I knew full well I was on thin ice with The Streets before I nominated it; but I'm genuinely surprised by the couple of very low scores for this.

It's a rock album, it's got some really interesting sonics and lyrical content. It's not the same leap away from what we normally have that AGDCFF was and whether you like it or not it's got loads of interesting qualities.

Another one who's doubled his score from The Streets so I think that answers your question.

I knew full well I was on thin ice with The Streets before I nominated it; but I'm genuinely surprised by the couple of very low scores for this.

It's a rock album, it's got some really interesting sonics and lyrical content. It's not the same leap away from what we normally have that AGDCFF was and whether you like it or not it's got loads of interesting qualities.
Surprised?

You know people's taste on here better than most.

I expected it to not be people's cup of tea. I expected it to make a couple uncomfortable. But not necessarily genuine dislike. But it is what it is, and lots of things come into it.

Even with the vocals, the uglyness, the heaviness, the noise etc, I would still imagine people would feel a rumble in their chest as the last third of Car Crash kicks in. Or start moving to some of the songs, or be intrigued by the build of MTT420.

I genuinely can't stay still when New Sensation or Meds come on, I break into a dance. Something that looks like if Elvis and Jim Morrison had a love child that grew up watching that clip of Ace Ventura in a tutu. And when i'm mopping or sweeping the house Stockholm Syndrome and Crawl are great for a shoogle as well.

Last edited:
Surprised?

You know people's taste on here better than most.

Indeed.

Though I vehemently disagreed, I could understand why some people based on their tastes would find no musical merit at all in AGDCFF: but for this one I assumed that the people who were less keen would be in the 4/5 scoring region.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.