The Album Review Club - Week #137 - (page 1774) - Wet Dream - Richard Wright

Note for all there is a European version and a North American version of this album.

I'm not sure how much or if they're different, but things seem to diverge at the end of side 1 and into side 2.

I'll try to review the 7 track European version, and I can get "N.I.B." and "Evil Woman" off "The Ultimate Collection" on Spotify.

Either that, or I'll drop by Bimbo's for a listen to the classic vinyl and a single malt sampling. 2am BST isn't past my bedtime in the States. ;-)

Per wiki:

European edition
Side A, Standard Edition
No. Title Length
1. "Black Sabbath" 6:20
2. "The Wizard" 4:24
3. "Behind the Wall of Sleep" 3:37
4. "N.I.B." 6:08
Side B
No. Title Length
5. "Evil Woman" 3:25
6. "Sleeping Village" 3:46
7. "Warning" 10:28

North American edition
Side A, Standard Edition
No. Title Length
2. "The Wizard" 4:22
3. "Wasp / Behind the Wall of Sleep / Bassically / N.I.B." 9:44
Side B
No. Title Length
4. "Wicked World" 4:47
5. "A Bit of Finger / Sleeping Village / Warning" 14:15

Note for all there is a European version and a North American version of this album.

I'm not sure how much or if they're different, but things seem to diverge at the end of side 1 and into side 2.

I'll try to review the 7 track European version, and I can get "N.I.B." and "Evil Woman" off "The Ultimate Collection" on Spotify.

Either that, or I'll drop by Bimbo's for a listen to the classic vinyl and a single malt sampling. 2am BST isn't past my bedtime in the States. ;-)

Per wiki:

European edition
Side A, Standard Edition
No. Title Length
2. "The Wizard" 4:24
3. "Behind the Wall of Sleep" 3:37
4. "N.I.B." 6:08
Side B
No. Title Length
5. "Evil Woman" 3:25
6. "Sleeping Village" 3:46
7. "Warning" 10:28

North American edition
Side A, Standard Edition
No. Title Length
2. "The Wizard" 4:22
3. "Wasp / Behind the Wall of Sleep / Bassically / N.I.B." 9:44
Side B
No. Title Length
4. "Wicked World" 4:47
5. "A Bit of Finger / Sleeping Village / Warning" 14:15
Thanks for this as I just listened to the US version on my ride home and wondered why it didn’t comport with the track listing on Wiki I glanced at.

For clarity - (hopefully!) the original vinyl track listing is as follows:
A1Black Sabbath
Composed By – Ward*, Butler*, Osborne*, Iommi*
6:22
A2The Wizard
4:25
A3Behind The Wall Of Sleep
3:37
A4N.I.B.
6:07
B1Evil Woman, Don't Play Your Games With Me
Composed By – Waggoner*, Wiegand*, Wiegand*
3:27
B2Sleeping Village
3:46
B3Warning
Composed By – Dunbar*
10:33
Wicked World was added as a final bonus track when the CD version was first issued. This is a great tune but for me feels out of place as the final track.

For clarity - (hopefully!) the original vinyl track listing is as follows:
A1Black Sabbath
6:22
A2The Wizard
4:25
A3Behind The Wall Of Sleep
3:37
A4N.I.B.
6:07
B1Evil Woman, Don't Play Your Games With Me
Composed By – Waggoner*, Wiegand*, Wiegand*
3:27
B2Sleeping Village
3:46
B3Warning
Composed By – Dunbar*
10:33
Wicked World was added as a final bonus track when the CD version was first issued. This is a great tune but for me feels out of place as the final track.

I am listening to the cd, with "Wicked World".

I never owned a vinyl copy of the album but an early addition to my collection was the double compilation album "We Sold Our Souls For Rock N Roll", which included 5 tracks from their debut, including "Wicked World".

I played that compilation an awful lot so I've long been very familiar with most of the album.

I am listening to the cd, with "Wicked World".

I never owned a vinyl copy of the album but an early addition to my collection was the double compilation album "We Sold Our Souls For Rock N Roll", which included 5 tracks from their debut, including "Wicked World".

I played that compilation an awful lot so I've long been very familiar with most of the album.
I’ve got that album as well - always thought it was a decent early compilation, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath being one of my personal favourites.

At some point someone must have discovered the refreshing joy of natural spring water. In my mind’s eye I like to think it would have been a young peasant girl (looking coincidently not entirely unlike the young Emmanuelle Beart in Manon Des Sources) stumbling across the wonderful wellspring but it was more likely I imagine to be a sweaty Neanderthal or some sort.

Either way, over time the natural spring water became hugely popular, and people started bottling it and doing all sorts to it, carbonating it, adding fruits to it, sticking electrolytes in it and adding all manner of unnecessary accoutrements (yes well may you look ashamed Messrs Ibanez and Schecter).

But that was ok, many people came to love the added strawberry and kiwi fruit and jojoba nut extract varietals. They made them happy, and in turn their happiness should be a source of happiness for us all.

But nonetheless, for some people these additions were considered unnecessary. They could receive all the refreshment they needed just by sticking with the unadulterated original spring water. For those people, in many ways the unadulterated nature of the spring was the thing that made it all the more refreshing.

8/10

(and at some point I might actually write a review)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.