The Album Review Club - Week #137 - (page 1774) - Wet Dream - Richard Wright

At some point someone must have discovered the refreshing joy of natural spring water. In my mind’s eye I like to think it would have been a young peasant girl (looking coincidently not entirely unlike the young Emmanuelle Beart in Manon Des Sources) stumbling across the wonderful wellspring but it was more likely I imagine to be a sweaty Neanderthal or some sort.

Either way, over time the natural spring water became hugely popular, and people started bottling it and doing all sorts to it, carbonating it, adding fruits to it, sticking electrolytes in it and adding all manner of unnecessary accoutrements (yes well may you look ashamed Messrs Ibanez and Schecter).

But that was ok, many people came to love the added strawberry and kiwi fruit and jojoba nut extract varietals. They made them happy, and in turn their happiness should be a source of happiness for us all.

But nonetheless, for some people these additions were considered unnecessary. They could receive all the refreshment they needed just by sticking with the unadulterated original spring water. For those people, in many ways the unadulterated nature of the spring was the thing that made it all the more refreshing.

8/10

(and at some point I might actually write a review)

Some used it in batter too. Game changer.

Some used it in batter too. Game changer.

Scottish Higher - Music 2024

Q.2

In your opinion which band is the musical equivalent of the battered mars bar. Justify your answer through comparative analysis of the texture and flavour of the 'delicacy' and the tempo, harmonics and general timbre of the band in question.

(10 marks)

Q.2

In your opinion which band is the musical equivalent of the battered mars bar. Justify your answer through comparative analysis of the texture and flavour of the 'delicacy' and the tempo, harmonics and general timbre of the band in question.

(10 marks)

There is something in that you know!

I recon the battered mars bar was the precursor to salted caramel btw. Just saying. It was, to culinary revolution, what the Pixies were to Grunge.

Q.2

(10 marks)
Slayer for me - tough exterior but really soft in the middle

There is something in that you know!

I recon the battered mars bar was the precursor to salted caramel btw. Just saying. It was, to culinary revolution, what the Pixies were to Grunge.

Now see we could run and run with this because even though I'm no grunge expert I think I get your hypothesis.

However I suspect we need to stick to matters in hand, namely painting our bedrooms black and shouting "mam, have you tidied away me ouija board, yam not helpful y'now. Found it, bostin! Am gewin down Tony's an'll be tekkin it with me"

Last edited:
Ozzy sometimes took things a little too far. Bats are protected species.
But Ozzy had a great sense of humo(u)r or did and his first two solo records are guilty pleasures of mine, and part of the third. Of course he also had Randy Rhoads (RIP) for the first two. Fast and clean is always better than slow and heavy, or usually is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.