The Album Review Club - Week #137 - (page 1774) - Wet Dream - Richard Wright

It's an absolute classic album and like you say Rob, I can't imagine hearing this when it was released. It really does sound like something unleashed from the underworld!

It's such an iconic album and one you can argue starts "heavy metal". Even now nearly 60 years later it brims with menace! It really is iconic.

9/10

Thought this was pretty average.For some reason i expected more.Guitar solos save this from being another poor record.Vocals nothing special.Waited and waited for the music and vocals to blend in but imho it never materialised.
Nowhere near the Rainbow recording that we rated a while back.5/10 just for the guitar.

It's an absolute classic album and like you say Rob, I can't imagine hearing this when it was released. It really does sound like something unleashed from the underworld!

It's such an iconic album and one you can argue starts "heavy metal". Even now nearly 60 years later it brims with menace! It really is iconic.

9/10
Glad you enjoyed it, but just to note that those were GornkDaze's words as it's his nomination.

At some point someone must have discovered the refreshing joy of natural spring water. In my mind’s eye I like to think it would have been a young peasant girl (looking coincidently not entirely unlike the young Emmanuelle Beart in Manon Des Sources) stumbling across the wonderful wellspring but it was more likely I imagine to be a sweaty Neanderthal or some sort.

Either way, over time the natural spring water became hugely popular, and people started bottling it and doing all sorts to it, carbonating it, adding fruits to it, sticking electrolytes in it and adding all manner of unnecessary accoutrements (yes well may you look ashamed Messrs Ibanez and Schecter).

But that was ok, many people came to love the added strawberry and kiwi fruit and jojoba nut extract varietals. They made them happy, and in turn their happiness should be a source of happiness for us all.

But nonetheless, for some people these additions were considered unnecessary. They could receive all the refreshment they needed just by sticking with the unadulterated original spring water. For those people, in many ways the unadulterated nature of the spring was the thing that made it all the more refreshing.

8/10

(and at some point I might actually write a review)
Didn’t get to read this yesterday, are we starting a new thread on drinking water?
If so put me down for Buxton it’s local and cheaper than that French shite, and just a little more authentic than Peckham Spring.

Emmanuel Beart, very attractive.

I actually preferred Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio and Ozzy with his Blizzard of Oz phase. Maybe because it was current when I hit my heavy rock/metal junction.
Heard “Crazy Train” the other day on the radio -fab track.

I actually preferred Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio and Ozzy with his Blizzard of Oz phase. Maybe because it was current when I hit my heavy rock/metal junction.

Sabbath have had several lead singers and there's good stuff to be unearthed from all incarnations of the band but Ozzy is a defining part of the Sabbath sound. RJD of course was a superior singer (to most HM /HR) vocalists.

The best of Ozzy's solo career challenges the best of Sabbath but it is different. Ozzy (or Sharon) is no mug when t comes to putting "backing" bands together. Randy R was just a tragic loss, so so talented. "Crazy Train" is wonderful.

Listened to Blizzard of Ozz yesterday. It’s such a good album. That first side is just epic - metal of that era at its finest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.