The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

It's good to be down with the kids every now and then, and i was close to nominating a Taylor Swift Album - just for the fact she is taking over the world and i'd be interested to hear an actual album of hers.

Anyhow, I heard 'Good Luck, Babe' on Radio 1 the other day and Shazam'd who the Artist was - Enjoyed this track, uplifting Pop vibe and had a Goldfrapp sound. Hopefully more of the same.
"Good Luck Babe" is a fair degree more conventional than this record, but I like it too. Not as much as the best songs on this one though.

That said -- based on your past posts, I have hopes that you might like it relative to others here :)

She rips off a LOT of 80s/90s dance pop in a very clever and unique way.

It's good to be down with the kids every now and then, and i was close to nominating a Taylor Swift number - just for the fact she is taking over the world and i'd be interested to hear an actual album of hers.

Anyhow, I heard 'Good Luck, Babe' on Radio 1 the other day and Shazam'd who the Artist was - Enjoyed this track, uplifting Pop vibe and had a Goldfrapp sound. Hopefully more of the same.
Maybe where I’m going wrong is not listening to Radio 1! I’m a Planet Rock in the morning and Kerrang in the afternoon kinda guy :)

You must be worried to try and use statistics to back up your selection ;)
Ha ha -- not worried at all. I KNOW just about everyone is going to hate this. I said I'd have my revenge.

But she's tapping into a universal here -- her fans aren't just teenage girls. She has a huge following in the broader gay community, and among those of oldie straights fond of mid-80s pop, which is why she resonates with me. And no auto-tune; no "safe" lyrics; no Disney-fication. She's unabashedly frank (albeit she says its an act).

Maybe where I’m going wrong is not listening to Radio 1! I’m a Planet Rock in the morning and Kerrang in the afternoon kinda guy :)

when i'm driving i hop over each station about a minute into each song, drives Mrs Hammer crazy but i like to discover new and old stuff.

As I already teased/threatened this numerous times (see post above), clues were redundant as anyone paying attention would have guessed it instantly. I love the clue stuff, so apologies.

I wasn't That serious, ha. But I did miss any subtle clues in the lead-up.

The Album Review Club – Week #136

Chappell Roan -- The Rise And Fall Of A Midwest Princess (2023)

Selected by FogBlueInSanFran

View attachment 129819
For all the talk about how popular this album is now, it still didn't overtake The Struts - Pretty Vicious as the most current album nominated by @OB1.

That record is sure to last a while, unless it does not.

Reactions: OB1
Meantime I’ve tried many times to get into Portishead given the rapturous words many have spilt on Dummy over the years and I will dutifully try again but honestly folks I am hungering for a record with some zip and energy and humo(u)r and at this rate I’m about ready to shove some Chappell Roan down all of your gullets when it’s my turn and call it a day.
"Clue" or direct threat?

You make the call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.