The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

So onto this week's review. I could have just agreed with Rob but I did make some notes so might as well use them.

It's an odd mix that sounds like Glen made it at home (lofi indeed). Actually it sounds like two different bands (both shite) made it using random number generators.

I only like a very lmited range of Rap / Hip-hop, mainly Gangsta and Rap Metal (Yeah, I do even have a Limp Bizkit cd or 2), mainly because it amuses me; this doesn't.

There are snatches of things that are ok but if I only gave the estimable Rick Wright 6/10, this gets a generous 3/10 because it ain't even half as good as Rick's album

So onto this week's review. I could have just agreed with Rob but I did make some notes so might as well use them.

It's an odd mix that sounds like Glen made it at home (lofi indeed). Actually it sounds like two different bands (both shite) made it using random number generators.

I only like a very lmited range of Rap / Hip-hop, mainly Gangsta and Rap Metal (Yeah, I do even have a Limp Bizkit cd or 2), mainly because it amuses me; this doesn't.

There are snatches of things that are ok but if I only gave the estimable Rick Wright 6/10, this gets a generous 3/10 because it ain't even half as good as Rick's album
You’ve given me a great or perhaps a grate idea for a thread.
A weekly Rap competition.
Someone picks a subject each week and we submit our own Rap interpretations.
The subject nominee judges the entries and the winner gets a clap on the back.

Reactions: OB1
You’ve given me a great or perhaps a grate idea for a thread.
A weekly Rap competition.
Someone picks a subject each week and we submit our own Rap interpretations.
The subject nominee judges the entries and the winner gets a clap on the back.

I'll demur lest my flow makes you tizzle

Last edited:
Reactions: OB1
There has only been one album on here (I think) that I haven't managed 3 listens of.....and this is marginally better ;)
If I don’t get three listens of this it will be because I haven’t had the house to myself.
Nobody else here is going to want to listen.

Was it Rob that said this is best listened to in small segments.
I think that will be how I get through it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.