The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

There is a (probaly a very low level) discussion on 'the message' here, or in such music in general. Which I may come back to. Or may not.

I would prefer my women (and men) to grow up grounded and balanced, rather than fucking strong. Where do I find an album for that ;) ?
Strength is not mutually exclusive from balanced mate, in fact I would argue the lack of it would negate the chance of any individual being balanced. And ‘fucking strong’ was a quote from a lyric.

Some good and quite broad discussion already. I'm liking that this pick is getting people talking to younger members of their families etc.

Going to give Foggy the benefit of the doubt that he knew all along that would be the case and actually there was never any malice aforethought in the selection!
Well . . . . originally it was all about revenge. I’ve been planning this since Radiohead TBH. But we have a wide variety of posters here not in terms of demographics so much but taste. And I just thought it would be fun to review something truly contemporary and very popular as professional critics of the arts must do. I don’t feel strongly about the record’s “importance” at all — but I did enjoy it a lot because she makes a lot out of music I love from my own youth. And I do like her voice.

Well . . . . originally it was all about revenge. I’ve been planning this since Radiohead TBH. But we have a wide variety of posters here not in terms of demographics so much but taste. And I just thought it would be fun to review something truly contemporary and very popular as professional critics of the arts must do. I don’t feel strongly about the record’s “importance” at all — but I did enjoy it a lot because she makes a lot out of music I love from my own youth. And I do like her voice.
I think I must have missed the whole Radiohead debate. Might have been while I took my Sabbatical.
I’d like to ask why you hate them so much, but I feel I’d regret having asked.
We’ll leave that one for another day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.