The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

The Blue Nile have cropped up in conversation more than once either in this thread or in the playlist, not sure which.

This won't be everyone's cup of tea but I think it's a great choice. And as an added bonus it'll give us a tangential excuse to talk about another of Glasgow's great exports the Linn Sondek; I don't have a bucket list but when I was a wee lad I did dream of owning a Sondek.
I'm pretty sure I put something from the album High on somewhere and may have been a playlist. He hasn't released much but when he has it's quality

A solid album that highlights the vocals of Paul Buchanan and expresses the sound of a city during night time. As sophisticated as pop music can be, melodic and crafted with minute precision
Songwise Headlights on the Parade is an obvious selection and his solo album ( mid air) is also well worth a listen
Solid 7.5 for me

As an aside, Hats has one of my favourite album covers; instantly recognisable and very well matched to the contents therein.

The Blue Nile have cropped up in conversation more than once either in this thread or in the playlist, not sure which.

This won't be everyone's cup of tea but I think it's a great choice. And as an added bonus it'll give us a tangential excuse to talk about another of Glasgow's great exports the Linn Sondek; I don't have a bucket list but when I was a wee lad I did dream of owning a Sondek.

My LP12, Naim Aro is still doing Sterling service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.