The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

It is a great song, I've really grown to like it. Punky with heavy emo leanings, a sprinkle of folk, and poignant lyrics. What's not to like.

Still, just about prefer Bin Juice Disaster for its simplicity.

Can't get much simpler than John Wick either.

I'm happy to go again -- Taylor Swift's latest at the ready!

Are you assuming we'll all give her an extra point for dumping on the orange shitgibbon?

Edit: As you mentioned it, out of curiosity I've just listened to the first two tracks of that album. If you ignore the insipid formulaic arrangements and instrumentation and listen to the underlying songs and lyrics it's quite frustrating because if she ditched the generic 'hit factory' production she can write an ok song. She's vocally limited which I suppose might drive some of the other choices she makes but nonetheless a bit less "winning formula" and a few more risks would work well I reckon. It's not like she needs any more money, needs to break free of the Kragle and become a musician (again?).

Last edited:
Are you assuming we'll all give her an extra point for dumping on the orange shitgibbon?

Edit: As you mentioned it, out of curiosity I've just listened to the first two tracks of that album. If you ignore the insipid formulaic arrangements and instrumentation and listen to the underlying songs and lyrics it's quite frustrating because if she ditched the generic 'hit factory' production she can write an ok song. She's vocally limited which I suppose might drive some of the other choices she makes but nonetheless a bit less "winning formula" and a few more risks would work well I reckon. It's not like she needs any more money, needs to break free of the Kragle and become a musician (again?).
Ha ha -- mate, I've never heard it; I was making that up.

However, I do have two other write-ups at the ready.

Ha ha -- mate, I've never heard it; I was making that up.

However, I do have two other write-ups at the ready.

Yes obviously you were making it up, no need to clarify you're not a Tay Tay fan.

We all know you ditched her a while back for Chappell ;-)

Edit:

Back to Swift who I appear to have become momentarily obsessed with, I've now listened to another track and have decided she should listen to Prefab Sprout which would help her with her creative process.

Bimbo's clues can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
Given your prosaic verbose write-ups, I am expecting some top clues, just saying.

Artist clue
acef5789574ab7e57bf3e063033cd0e1d6-26-soul-patch.rsocial.w1200.jpg

25414657-bulk-junk-storage-for-recycling.jpg

Album
1460995004-index-grace-kelly-prince-rainier-wedding-8-dress.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.