The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

It's going to be an 8 then sorry. It just makes me happy hearing this

I wasn't trying to be awkward. The first time I heard it I hated it. It isnt even 5% of how dark and discordant it should be. However by the third listen I'd just decided to let myself be happy
Well, that IS sorry. :)

If it's TRYING to be ridiculous or funny or over-the-top (cf. The Tubes), that's one thing.

If you're supposed to take it seriously, but laugh throughout instead, that's quite another.

But "so bad it's good" is something I guess.

If it's TRYING to be ridiculous or funny or over-the-top (cf. The Tubes), that's one thing.

If you're supposed to take it seriously, but laugh throughout instead, that's quite another.

Not to preempt my own review but what about so bad it’s just… bad

I'm impressed you've had time to listen to it three times already!
I listened to Side 1 on my bike ride home from work yesterday and then again making tea. Side 2 on the way to the game. Managed to get a whole listen in on my way home and also because I had to go to the supermarket after the match - kids need to eat.

Then third listen on the way to work and completed when I was editing some video I didn't really need to hear the audio of. I probably have a bit more capacity to listen to stuff than most people

Sorry I edited my post before seeing yours. I don't think it's a so bad it's good scenario. I'm also not laughing at it although it makes me laugh. I'm not sure I can articulate it well. It's kind of like how you'd feel if Richard Dunne had scored a scissor kick - it's not his job but it's amazing

Sorry I edited my post before seeing yours. I don't think it's a so bad it's good scenario. I'm also not laughing at it although it makes me laugh. I'm not sure I can articulate it well. It's kind of like how you'd feel if Richard Dunne had scored a scissor kick - it's not his job but it's amazing
It wouldn't be remotely amazing if it went in his own net which (a) probably actually happened (he certainly scored own goals in every other possible way) and (b) describes this record pretty well.

I listened to Side 1 on my bike ride home from work yesterday and then again making tea. Side 2 on the way to the game. Managed to get a whole listen in on my way home and also because I had to go to the supermarket after the match - kids need to eat.

Then third listen on the way to work and completed when I was editing some video I didn't really need to hear the audio of. I probably have a bit more capacity to listen to stuff than most people
Are you one of those bike guys with ear phones in breaking red lights and living in your own world ignoring all traffic signs etc.

Between that and your schizophrenia we’re starting to get a profile on you.

Quick question. Does Mrs.B prefer this week's to last week’s?

Aaaah! I seeee!

Well actually no I don’t. That actually makes things worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.