The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1838) - ???? - ????

The chances of getting an album that we can all agree on are a million-to-one, but still, they come ....

Thanks to @BimboBob for his nomination, which certainly divided opinion. A few 10s were balanced out by a few 1s, but finally Jeff Wayne's Musical version of War of the Worlds scored an average of 6.11 from 19 voters.

A couple of thread notices before we move on:-

1. Two days ago, we passed the 3rd anniversary for the thread, so well done to everybody, especially the regulars, for participating in what is a fantastic discussion and voyage of discovery each time we get a new album.

2. After months of holidays and life going on pretty much unchanged, this week I have to face the start of the serious part of my cancer treatment. I'm hospital on Friday for HDR brachytherapy (nuclear rods up the bum to you and me!) and back out the next day, and hopefully things will continue relatively normally leading up to my 15-day radiotherapy session in a couple of weeks. Should I be indisposed next week, I'll rely on @Coatigan to keep things ticking over on here.

With that, it's over to @southamptonblue for this weeks choice .....

The chances of getting an album that we can all agree on are a million-to-one, but still, they come ....

Thanks to @BimboBob for his nomination, which certainly divided opinion. A few 10s were balanced out by a few 1s, but finally Jeff Wayne's Musical version of War of the Worlds scored an average of 6.11 from 19 voters.

1. Two days ago, we passed the 3rd anniversary for the thread, so well done to everybody, especially the regulars, for participating in what is a fantastic discussion and voyage of discovery each time we get a new album.

2. After months of holidays and life going on pretty much unchanged, this week I have to face the start of the serious part of my cancer treatment. I'm hospital on Friday for HDR brachytherapy (nuclear rods up the bum to you and me!) and back out the next day, and hopefully things will continue relatively normally leading up to my 15-day radiotherapy session in a couple of weeks. Should I be indisposed next week, I'll rely on @Coatigan to keep things ticking over on here.

Wishing you all the best mate

Good luck with the treatment Rob

1. Where’s the time go?! Been a brilliant thread and kept me occupied for many years.

2. Wishing you all the best.

Rob, we all hope all goes well for you during the upcoming weeks of treatment on the path to getting better.

Keep fighting mate! Get better and feel better -- we'll be thinking about you!

OK, short write up in an hr or so....if someone has guessed it ;) not my normal/usual genre.

SELF TITLED album (but I believe not their first?)
TWO words......

1st......something Ferguson and Webb may have been called, nothing crude ;)
2nd......name of an album, by a well known band, which contains a 'big' City fan! I believe he is the only blue in the band.
Will give his name if no one gets it.

Reactions: OB1

Hope all goes well and according to plan Rob, my thoughts are with you.
Thanks again for creating this thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.