The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1844) - Lovers Electric - Lovers Electric

Two? That's Colombo level genius as far as I'm concerned.

Despite as you say the likely bucket load of misdirection going on, I assume they are all tracks that the nominators do actually like as they are top songs. Only the one song I'll be skipping, though I'm aware it is a much loved song for many.
Rather than "Best Guesser", we should award the Columbo Memorial Trophy for each playlist.

Matilda May is the standout for me so far. Got spires written all over it that one, going to look more into her stuff, never heard of her before.

Matilda May is the standout for me so far. Got spires written all over it that one, going to look more into her stuff, never heard of her before.

Make sure you check out Imelda May at the same time.

I think this is a double bluff, the deliberately incorrect name to lure people into thinking he's trying too hard to disguise his pick. He's not wrong though, it is a great track.

First single: Last Train to Clarkiesville

Had I got my shit into a pile, Cassandra Wilson's version of this would have been my cover offering in the cup.

I think this is a double bluff, the deliberately incorrect name to lure people into thinking he's trying too hard to disguise his pick. He's not wrong though, it is a great track.
I have a feeling that whichever way I respond to this now, might be taken with a hint of distrust. So I just won't say anything!

Other than, it is a great track.

For me, this playlist has:-
  1. Thrown up a clear winner - an older song I know well but never tire of hearing.
  2. A surprise like for a band I've never listened to before because they are "too modern" for me but I must admit this is a good track.
  3. A fantastic track by an artist that has taken quite a pummeling on the various music threads over the last few years.
  4. Proved to be a good listen.
  5. Proved to be ripe for Clarkies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.