The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1844) - Lovers Electric - Lovers Electric

I'm pretty sure they have books in California, Spires!

No, apparently only inline skates, lycra and those dodgy new world napa valley wines :-) I've seen it on the telly so it must be true.

It's $23 on amazon.com don't be stingy, you can send him a copy as his Christmas box!

No, apparently only inline skates, lycra and those dodgy new world napa valley wines :-) I've seen it on the telly so it must be true.

It's $23 on amazon.com don't be stingy, you can send him a copy as his Christmas box!
Dude, it’s not 1995 here FFS! Haven’t seen a skater since I was 30, Lululemon and Athleta are shifting to more natural fibers and big Napa reds are going a-begging in favo(u)r of more French-style Pinot noirs and light whites!

Get with the times, son!!

Dude, it’s not 1995 here FFS! Haven’t seen a skater since I was 30, Lululemon and Athleta are shifting to more natural fibers and big Napa reds are going a-begging in favo(u)r of more French-style Pinot noirs and light whites!

Get with the times, son!!

Calm down deary, sorry I mean dude. I'm just trying to get you a free book for Christmas!

More seriously I was reading an article recently saying the Californian wine industry has taken a real battering of late, it's a global issue but seems like California has been hit particularly hard as everyone tries to dump their gluts into other markets. It was mostly discussing growers in the Central Valley AVAs but I assume it's pretty much everywhere. Meaty reds seem to be dying on their arse across the new world, tastes change but a shame IMO.

Last edited:
Calm down deary, sorry I mean dude. I'm just trying to get you a free book for Christmas!

More seriously I was reading an article recently saying the Californian wine industry has taken a real battering of late, it's a global issue but seems like California has been hit particularly hard as everyone tries to dump their gluts into other markets. It was mostly discussing growers in the Central Valley AVAs but I assume it's pretty much everywhere. Meaty reds seem to be dying on their arse across the new world, tastes change but a shame IMO.
Ha ha — look at you!

Yeah post-COVID it’s been very tough. Drop in overall demand at the same time as an opening of new cellars and bumper crops not to mention the changing tastes/styles AND the big drop in younger people drinking.

I know we've had a fair few 70s albums but for some reason this one has made me nostalgic in a way that others haven't. Maybe it was Bimbos (at times overly) evocative write up, but I've been besieged with images of vinyl sofas and brown curtains along with the desire to watch clips of old TV programs. During which I came across this advert for The Champions, about as subtle as a brick to the head!

I know it's technically the 60s but I watched it in the 70s.

After a couple of fairly marmite picks I wonder if Southampton will be able to bring harmony to the thread?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.