The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1844) - Lovers Electric - Lovers Electric

This one will grow on me over time , I have listened to it 3 times over the weekend and on one listen I would have given it a 6 but I am going to give it a 7.

Like the production and mix its professional and reeks of quality, we have a band in oz called Something for Kate that I doubt many of you have heard from which I listened to quite extensively in the 90;s and you can see where they get their inspiration from on many of their tracks.

Some excellent lyrics not your usual cliches that would resonate given the subject matter.

I wouldn't clamor to see them live but would have this one on for both listening to while I work and or focus on it and nothing else.

Last edited:
First listen to Prefab Sprout for over 20 years.Great first 5 songs to start up until Jordan The Comeback and the Jesse James nonsense.Picks up again until Paris Smith and Wedding March.
Good after that with my standout tracks on the whole lp being.
One of the Broken...Scarlett Nights....Wild Horses....We Let The Stars Go.....Carnival 2000....All the World Loves Lovers.
Off to listen to more of them in the coming weeks.Another good pick.7/10

It's that time of the week again and predictably for an album that scored more sixes than Ian Botham in a frenzy (think Babe Ruth, @FogBlueInSanFran), Jordan: The Comeback averaged 6.08 from 12 voters. Thanks for the nomination @Saddleworth2 - once again, it seemed to get plenty of us talking, this time about the pros and cons of pop music and production.

I think that our musical mystery tour will soon be moving on to a few voters who have semi-abandoned us recently, so it will be interesting to see how that one plays out. No worries for this week though as we have regular contributor @OB1 picking the music that will be blasting out of the tour bus speakers.

It's that time of the week again and predictably for an album that scored more sixes than Ian Botham in a frenzy (think Babe Ruth, @FogBlueInSanFran), Jordan: The Comeback averaged 6.08 from 12 voters. Thanks for the nomination @Saddleworth2 - once again, it seemed to get plenty of us talking, this time about the pros and cons of pop music and production.

I think that our musical mystery tour will soon be moving on to a few voters who have semi-abandoned us recently, so it will be interesting to see how that one plays out. No worries for this week though as we have regular contributor @OB1 picking the music that will be blasting out of the tour bus speakers.
Is this the point where I am supposed to give a clue to what punishment I have in store for this week's homework?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.