The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

On the basis there's no way this thread isn't getting derailed with the current pick (which personally I'm enjoying), there's a nice Q&A in the Guardian with the wonderful Lucinda Williams who I know some of this thread are big fans of. She even shares a nice anecdote about the aforementioned Tom Petty, which backs up pretty much everything I've read about him.

Indeed! It's the Chemical Brothers - Surrender

The_Chemical_Brothers_-_Surrender_album_cover.png

One of my favourite dance acts of all time and seen them live many many times.

Yet this one sort of mixes psychedelia/pop/rock and dance and has just the right balance to listen without needing to be off my face raving it up!

'Hey Boy Hey Girl' was of the course the huge hit - a classic that will never age and still they play it every gig.
'Out Of Control' has a New Order feel.
'Asleep From Day' is a complete change of direction and a beautiful chilled track.
My favourite 'Let Forever Be' with Noel Gallagher (one of many guest vocalists to appear) really hits the nostalgia spot, playing this over and over in my teenage Indie years.

In fact, the whole album brings me back to my teen years when Music really meant the world to me and here was a little bit of everything i loved.
My two pennies worth;

There is some filler on this which I can easily skip but some really good stuff (can't remember but we may be of similar age BH as I remember buying this as well?).

Had a flick through before and (re)-discovered the title track 'Surrender'.

Great whilst out on a walk in the sun

Good listen.............

My two pennies worth;

There is some filler on this which I can easily skip but some really good stuff (can't remember but we may be of similar age BH as I remember buying this as well?).

Had a flick through before and (re)-discovered the title track 'Surrender'.

Great whilst out on a walk in the sun

Good listen.............

Cheers Sir, it’s good to have a mix.

I definitely enjoyed this more in my early days after straying away from Indie/Rock and hitting the dance scene. it’s more nostalgia than anything for this pick.

I don’t listen to any modern electronic/dance stuff anymore. Still go though for the crack :)

Brave pick this one. I’m alternating between almost enjoying it and it absolutely doing my head in. Will get an opinion from my son on the way to Wembley and I suspect it’s going to be better driving music than washing the pots and running a bath music

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.