The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

It's possible you may have entirely missed the point of the 1970s :-)

On the Burton thing, I wonder if he is also of his time to younger people? Personally I think he holds the whole venture together, the 'flatness' I like as it seems to emphasise the dehumanising nature of total warfare.
Oh yes human sacrifice nudge nudge wink wink

I listened to Side 1 on my bike ride home from work yesterday and then again making tea. Side 2 on the way to the game. Managed to get a whole listen in on my way home and also because I had to go to the supermarket after the match - kids need to eat.

Then third listen on the way to work and completed when I was editing some video I didn't really need to hear the audio of. I probably have a bit more capacity to listen to stuff than most people
Do you edit videos for a living?

If so, I might want to pick your brains via PM!

As I have no nostalgic connectivity to it, I've nothing to say in that regard, although the fact that the nerds I hung out with at that stage of my life didn't bring it to my attention then is a potentially even more damning indictment of it.
I was wondering if this was one you had heard back then that I simply missed, but the east coast younger nerds that I knew weren't aware or at least talking of this either. All that going into help explain how it was hardly a blip on the US album scene.

Put that into the mixer with my recent pleas for short, punchy and uplifting, and this feels like a sail to Antarctica for me. Again apologies, but I am not sure a record exists that could be more polar opposite to what I want to listen to right now.
There's been a few albums I wasn't keen on listening to during the week, but we've all made it through. (I say all of this while still delaying my initial attempt to listen)

It sounds like incoming marmite is on its way.

Last edited:
Chris Martin from Coldplay is actually from Exeter. I think Beth Gibbons from Portishead may also be as well.

So is Steven. And Nick, Danny, Grant, Scott, Shit-eye, Jungard, Charlie, Andy, Stewart, Gareth, Pimmy, Cranky, Aoife, and Mag.

I won't be listening to this 3 times.

The main theme is repeated throughout - so you've got more than your three listens there.

This is more like a film or a book where you absorb the content over a long period of time. Does anybody read a single book or watch a single film three times in one week?

I saw ET three times in the week t was released.

I saw Return of the Jedi twice on the day it was released.

I won’t Play WotW three times because I don’t need to but I have played it twice since yesterday.

Last edited:
It fails at absolutely everything it tries to do
So if you divorce it from it's intention (if that is something that's possible to do) then out of the madness something beautiful grows. It's doing the working and the thinking that wears a fella out. Do neither, drink champagne in the sewers and just enjoy how incredibly stupid it is.

I don’t think it was a huge success because it fails at everything it tries to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.