The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

It's a problem here as well, and certainly things weren't helped by the Covid epidemic just 4 years in the rear view, homes not moving as much, speculative buying impacting prices, etc. I'll only state there's one here who actually has more than just a concept of a plan to address and try to improve it, and leave it at that.

It isn't going to change overnight, but putting positive policies in place to help restore some hope is a start.

As a 20something in the early 90s, I couldn't imagine going back to live at home, but it's what my oldest did for 5 years before she recently bought her own place after years of saving by avoiding rent. It's a different time and situation all around given the rise of home ownership prices most everywhere.

To not derail this thread I posted some stuff in one of the politics threads that suggests the UKs problem is actually more acute than the majority of peer countries.

On the album how do you rate this compared to his previous releases?

To not derail this thread I posted some stuff in one of the politics threads that suggests the UKs problem is actually more acute than the majority of peer countries.
Fair enough. I try and tend to avoid those threads here for the most part here given I've already experienced Tom Petty's "Jammin' Me" on nearly every commercial or sign I see when driving around town. I try to keep this a break from THAT. Send me a PM to that discussion and I may check that out.
On the album how do you rate this compared to his previous releases?
While I've liked them all, they were very much blues centric for the most part. While I'm still a fan of those, I rate this release higher for the variety, guests, and different genres explored.

Are the new areas explored groundbreaking? Perhaps not, but from him, it has been my go-to album of the year.

I think Blak and Blu will always be special to me too in being his first and hearing his sound for the very first time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.