The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

As a 13 year old, this was the second album I ever bought (after Quo's Blue For You). Loved it then, love it now.

I've only seen them twice, which is disgraceful considering they're my all time favourite band! The reason I love Kiss is probably for all the reasons a lot of people hate them. Loud and larger than life, it was just what a teenager who hated punk needed!

10 and then some!
Welcome back! Not seen since week #1 - you should pop in more often.

KIss both attracted and alienated potential fans due to their over-the-top use of makeup and showmanship.

As for Destroyer - it's a good album. But "Rock and Roll Over" is far better.

I like Kiss - even after they changed ways in an effort to attract more fans - with unmasking and several complete changes of musical style.

Last edited:
KIss both attracted and alienated potential fans due to its over-the-top use of makeup and showmanship.

As for Destroyer - it's a good album. But "Rock and Roll Over" is far better.

I like Kiss - even after they changed ways in an effort to attract more fans - with unmasking and several complete changes of musical style.

R'n'R Over is very good and more pure but I prefer Destroyer. Both part of their best run of albums though.

Care to give a score?

I was midway back in the circle and still got scorched eyebrows.

We were pretty much at the front. Mate had (natural) big afro like hair at the time, and next day we all went swimming and loads of the confetti from the gig came out of his hair in the pool :D

Unlike yourself, they didn't convert me that night though. Yes, the show was fun, but musically just wasn't my thing. Out of respect for you, I won't say I hate them as others have. We all have a band we love that others simply don't get why so much. (Especially my favourites, who most see as 'ok' but not so special as I see/hear them)

I did buy Destroyer back in the day, but haven't heard it in decades. Will give it a play in the car shortly and give an honest opinion/score hearing with fresh ears.

Another group that I have heard a lot about but never really listened to. I doubt it will be to my taste but will give it a fair listen.

We were pretty much at the front. Mate had (natural) big afro like hair at the time, and next day we all went swimming and loads of the confetti from the gig came out of his hair in the pool :D

Unlike yourself, they didn't convert me that night though. Yes, the show was fun, but musically just wasn't my thing. Out of respect for you, I won't say I hate them as others have. We all have a band we love that others simply don't get why so much. (Especially my favourites, who most see as 'ok' but not so special as I see/hear them)

I did buy Destroyer back in the day, but haven't heard it in decades. Will give it a play in the car shortly and give an honest opinion/score hearing with fresh ears.

You nearly got a mention in my review as someone who was not blown away by the FTH gig but I edited it out in an attempt to be more concise!

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but the KISS album I'd recommend to you is Unmasked.

Shame you aren't big on KISS when Cheap Trick's best song name checks them ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.