The Album Review Club - Week #142 - (page 1874) - Strange Times - The Chameleons

Anyway back to music.
After a few listens to this weeks pick I wanted something different than investigating their other albums.

I’ve had music on all evening. Various, including Hozier, Michael Kiwanuka and ultimately an expedition into Lloyd Cole since Rattlesnakes, which I always liked.

All I can say is I am mightily impressed.
I’m up to 1993 and the three or four albums I’ve had on were all different and all very very good.

How the hell did I let him pass me by from the 80’s up.

Anyway back to music.
After a few listens to this weeks pick I wanted something different than investigating their other albums.

I’ve had music on all evening. Various, including Hozier, Michael Kiwanuka and ultimately an expedition into Lloyd Cole since Rattlesnakes, which I always liked.

All I can say is I am mightily impressed.
I’m up to 1993 and the three or four albums I’ve had on were all different and all very very good.

How the hell did I let him pass me by from the 80’s up.

We need a new Michael Kiwanuka album sooner rather than later. He's put a couple of songs out recently and seems to have become active again after a bit of a hiatus.

Whilst Lloyd Cole used to spout the odd bit of annoying bollocks back in the day imo he's a pretty decent songwriter. Has consistently released solo music and toured over the years since his days of fame and has a small but loyal following and he seems pretty happy with that.

Before my time but harshly dealt with I think. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bowie and a previous Archbishop of Canterbury would all disagree with the thread conclusion.
Just because it marked the nadir (apex to some) of drug-addled, self-indulgent hippiedom doesn't mean there wasn't something to learn from it. As a youth I learned a lot from PIL's "Metal Box", Einsturzende Neubaten and Throbbing Gristle's "Hamburger Lady" but they're all difficult listens. Swirly and/or confusing vs. harsh and/or grotesque.

Just because it marked the nadir (apex to some) of drug-addled, self-indulgent hippiedom doesn't mean there wasn't something to learn from it. As a youth I learned a lot from PIL's "Metal Box", Einsturzende Neubaten and Throbbing Gristle's "Hamburger Lady" but they're all difficult listens. Swirly and/or confusing vs. harsh and/or grotesque.

We've talked about Blixa before, have you ever read Hooky's version of the night they played the Hacienda? A gig I could have gone to but foolishly turned down the opportunity :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.