The Album Review Club - Week #143 - (page 1884) - I Should Coco - Supergrass

Nah, just get better at it......you don't have a problem with VAR!!! LOL

Powderfinger - odyssey no 5

Not much time, as off out....heard couple of songs on Aussie cult film "two hands" (I think... lol) many years ago!
Not my usual 'type'...advise not to listen in the gym, unless you want to have a slow and easy session ;)
I love it (far better imo than their other albums) give it a go, hopefully be a new band for many?
Hopefully Neil Young sounding going by their name.

I think they’re both pretty decent, and if they’re anything like Bad/Dreems, I’m in.

Bad/Dreems is one I admit to rating wrong. At the time, I gave it a 5, said some down the middle stuff, pointed out what on the surface irritated me and that was it. I did however recommend it to a good friend who I thought it was.up his street. He got right into and I ended uo circling back and got over those little things that bugged me at just 3 listens, and now quite like a lot of their stuff. Sometimes, some things just take a little bit of time. Or timing.

Heard of them. Never heard their music, but they're Aussies, so that's a good start.
A good week to have an Aussie band with the AO in full swing too.

Let's hope they're closer to Midnight Oil than Tame Impala.
An initial sampling suggests so. Indeed!

Last edited:
Initial impressions pretty good. For some reason was expecting it to be a bit heavier than it is. Veers into power pop territory at times (a style I think the ex-colonies do better than we do). Where it does get a bit rockier I'd like the lead vocals to have a bit more gas but overall looking forward to the next listens.

Bad/Dreems is one I admit to rating wrong. At the time, I gave it a 5, said some down the middle stuff, pointed out what on the surface irritated me and that was it. I did however recommend it to a good friend who I thought it was.up his street. He got right into and I ended uo circling back and got over those little things that bugged me at just 3 listens, and now quite like a lot of their stuff. Sometimes, some things just take a little bit of time. Or timing.
I rated it 10/10 and maybe it should have been 9 but I still play it often. Of all the records on the thread they’ve been my favo(u)rite discovery. Awaiting their return to the US as I missed them last time.

I rated it 10/10 and maybe it should have been 9 but I still play it often. Of all the records on the thread they’ve been my favo(u)rite discovery. Awaiting their return to the US as I missed them last time.
I saw them in sept/oct.....another big crowd of about 20!! If they played in the uni's I think they'd go down well....newest album hoo ha is good, better than the previous one ;)

Initial impressions pretty good. For some reason was expecting it to be a bit heavier than it is. Veers into power pop territory at times (a style I think the ex-colonies do better than we do). Where it does get a bit rockier I'd like the lead vocals to have a bit more gas but overall looking forward to the next listens.
My taste is usually heavier ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.