The Album Review Club - Week #143 - (page 1884) - I Should Coco - Supergrass

Never heard of them before. I've had a quick listen and I'm getting all kinds of musical references from Radiohead to a touch of Soundgarden. I like the lead singers voice when he talks but he gets a bit whiney when he sings...saying that I loved the first song.

Radiohead ?

Yeah, first listen though, from a distance, but a tinkling of earlier Radiohead.

This might change when the headphones come out!
I hear it a bit too, and more from the Pablo Honey era on the guitars.

The vocalist though reminds me some of the lead singer of Jars of Clay in overall sound. Of course Powerderfinger isn't sounding like JoC overall, but the singer's voice is.

Enjoying the non-Doors version of "Waiting for the Sun" as I finally have time to start listening to this.

I hope not. Haven’t had a chance to listen as I’ve been traveling non-stop and now flying home for 24 hours before I hit the road again.
Hopefully can squeeze it in.
Struth I would be a tad concerned if Fog saw a lot of Radiohead in this album.

Each to their own as they say but when I think of Powderfinger and particularly this album ,Radiohead does not come to the fore.

I hear it a bit too, and more from the Pablo Honey era on the guitars.

The vocalist though reminds me some of the lead singer of Jars of Clay in overall sound. Of course Powerderfinger isn't sounding like JoC overall, but the singer's voice is.

Enjoying the non-Doors version of "Waiting for the Sun" as I finally have time to start listening to this.

Now you mention it on certain songs he does sound quite a bit like Dan H from JoC. Unsurprising in some ways as both you lot and the Aussies share the same inability to put the intonation in the right part of the sentence ;-)

I honestly don't have much to say about this, and that is in no way a 'criticism'.

It treads a fine line of somewhere between Crowded House and Foo Fighters. With a little bit of everything and at the same time not that much of anything. Pleasant listen. Unoriginal but certainly not boring. Well performed without that hiding anything. The timing is great for it. Nice and simple, and a nice and simple 6. Metre my standout song on the album.

Enjoyable and decent with a Crowded House theme all the way through.
Loved the guitars but the more times I listened to the album i found the tunes very samey.
One of those albums that after a couple of weeks i would probably not listen to again.
6/10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.