The Album Review Club - Week #143 - (page 1884) - I Should Coco - Supergrass

It is. Although bizarrely on the back of listening to this week’s album I’m revisiting a Britpop band that had a few very good songs in the 90s: Dodgy.
Had some great nights watching Dodgy. Sometimes you just want a band to make you smile at the end of the night. Guitarist was married to Denise Van Outen if I remember rightly. At the end of the day this is what Supergrass where at this stage of their career. They made better albums afterwards and I would put any of Gaz's solo stuff up as a good listen

What? Did you try driving around America when this was out? Every radio station down South was either Country or Religion and the rest was MOR. Thank the Lord for progress and internet radio.
No, but I’m not a radio-obsessive. I seek music out via a variety of sources - radio used to be one of them, but you’ve got personal recommendations and written reviews as well.
Whilst Britain has produced many great artists over the years, I still believe that the US has a much richer musical heritage. Something that we can all debate and argue about when the new thread starts ……

Had some great nights watching Dodgy. Sometimes you just want a band to make you smile at the end of the night. Guitarist was married to Denise Van Outen if I remember rightly. At the end of the day this is what Supergrass where at this stage of their career. They made better albums afterwards and I would put any of Gaz's solo stuff up as a good listen
I have “Wounded Egos” on one of my playlists thanks to your nomination in the playlist thread.

Yes, but they have such a wider and better range of music than we have on our tiny island. Americans are not limited to just listening to what’s it our top 40.
And some of us aren't listening to what's in our top 40 either, but I digress.

And I'll argue that it's possible to even get away with ignoring a Top 40 too with no recognition.

I find that out most Super Bowls at halftime when I'm looked at for song recognition, and I look back, shake my head and proudly say "I got nothing here".

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.