The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

The 'Live at Benaroya Hall' version of Black is the second best crowd singing along I have ever heard (I was not there).

It comes so suddey, without any real lead in and just a basic quick prompt. And it is also the bridge, rather than an obvious verse or chorus.

The best being?

They are very much a 'greatest hits' band, rather than one for albums.

Like with the Foos, I have listened to every one, and I keep the hope alive that one day they will wow me. But after a couple, and one or two good songs here and there aside, their albums continue to disappoint.
I feel the exact opposite on both bands (and that goes for Rush too), but I'll try to stick to this fantastic choice this week that I can't wait to revisit again. Excellent choice, BlueHammer85!

I plan to revisit this one (for the enjoyable umteenth time) after I check out Coatigan's past nomination of Frightened Rabbit's Painting of a Panic Attack, from a personal recommendation. ;-)

I feel the exact opposite on both bands (and that goes for Rush too), but I'll try to stick to this fantastic choice this week that I can't wait to revisit again. Excellent choice, BlueHammer85!

I plan to revisit this one (for the enjoyable umteenth time) after I check out Coatigan's past nomination of Frightened Rabbit's Painting of a Panic Attack, from a personal recommendation. ;-)

Where do you stand with Radiohead just out of interest?

(Don't actually answer that, it is a thread in-joke you will without doubt come to get, soon enough on here)

(Don't actually answer that, it is a thread in-joke you will without doubt come to get, soon enough on here)
I've read enough here to know not to touch that one!

I think after a few more albums and info many of you will know, but I've seen the sparks fly already! ;-)

If you must shit stir the best place to do it at the moment is the cup song thread :-)

I’m another one that “owns” this album, whatever that means nowadays the actual CD being long gone along with all the rest. I’ve never felt inspired to listen to any of their others and probably bought this on the back of Alive which is a great song. Off the top of my head couldn’t name another song in it but I guess I’ll get more familiar over the next week

I seem to recall his fondness for all 10 (11) tracks….
LOL. I think I compared it to The Queen Is Dead in that one side is very good and the other side not so much, although I may have used stronger language peppered with invectives. That said, I have not listened to the entire record in at least 20 years and will give it every chance to change my mind. I also have always liked the song “Jeremy”, which is my favo(u)rite of theirs.

I've read enough here to know not to touch that one!

I think after a few more albums and info many of you will know, but I've seen the sparks fly already! ;-)
After the kerfuffle over there about Kate “Just Because I Don’t Care For Wuthering Heights Doesn’t Mean I Hate Her Or Her Music In General FFS” Bush, I may be all critiqued-out. That was pretty exhausting!

Do your worst. Who knows? I might even find something nice to say about Thom “Why Does It Sound Like You’re Trapped In Pickle Jar When You Sing?” Yorke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.