The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

First listen to The Budos Band and I like it. It's different, like a 60s TV soundtrack but with added oooommmf.

Reactions: OB1
But the original point still stands - there are a lot of people on these forums who don't get them.
No worries - wasn't going there, just taking in another instrumental before I find time to start on the Budos Band V.

Are they oblivious
To this quality?
A quality
Of light unique to every city's streets

An enjoyable first listen to V while wrapping up a Friday at the office with Old Engine Oil, Ghost Talk, and Maelstrom really standing out and grabbing me upon first listen. And those horns - wow! Need a few more spins.

Meanwhile, I saw their latest 2023 EP has a nice homage to a famous album artist and band from yesteryear. ;-) Pretty cool too!

1699040996098.png

I'd never heard of these before so didn't really know what to expect.

I really liked the opening track and thought it was a great 'intro' and was half expecting some lyrics on the next track which I also enjoyed!

I also thought it all sounded very 'soundtracky' but that's no bad thing. It has the vibes of a downtown, slightly dangerous nightclub in a shifty area of New York.

I really quite enjoyed this and it will be one I'll definitely play again.

7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.