The Amazing Line Of Duty starts again tonight

I'm bored with it, not the storyline, the unbelievable wooden acting

Can see what you mean! They had a clever idea about bringing in the real actors for each series and they’ve had some good ones over the years. Alas, that seems to have stopped.

Seeing all the hype and having never watched an episode I binge-watched the entire first series last weekend.
My word what a disappointment - wooden acting, terrible cliched dialogue, far-fetched plot turns designed to create OMG responses in the audience but leaving me angry with their implausiblity. Fine actress like Gina McKee totally wasted as a simpering lover of the 'villain' of the piece (Lenny James playing Gates who gave a nuanced performance as the flawed cop under investigation, only good thing in it)...and who we are somehow expected to believe is a corrupt, ruthless businesswoman in her day-job. Not sure i'll be bothering with it again unless it improves exponentially.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.