The Amazing Line Of Duty starts again tonight

Just finished it. Kept real quality right the way through. The ending was wrapped up satisfactorily for me.
Is it realistic? Generally no, complaints and discipline running roughshod over ongoing criminal investigations wouldn’t happen; and the solicitors were far too quiet, on the other side they got the law spot on and the use of police jargon, radio codes etc. The most accurate portrayals were of the constant ‘sir, ma’am, Sarge, boss’ and the senior officers which in places were unerringly accurate. Biggest difference was everyone was so miserable all the time!
Still, a modern masterpiece of TV.

A modern masterpiece of TV? I want what you’re smoking:-)

Finally finished all 6 series.....absolutely loved it, i have avoided this thread as i was so far behind....basically watched all 6 over a few weeks.

I initially avoided watching as i knew it was set in Belfast....and being typically self-deprecating, always think stuff from here will be shite....but i found myself loving the fact i recognised all of the locations, streets and buildings.

it also made me think about continuity in films/tv shows...

* Many many car chases, and in particular the attempt to abduct Jimmy Lakewell, were all filmed in the same place in Belfast
* Often when chasing someone on foot, they would turn a corner and the next scene was a completely different part of Belfast
* My friends business is above the "bookies" at the start of series 6
* I didnt know Stephen Graham was in LoD until i got to Series 5.....and my wife remembered i came home from work one day saying "i think i walked passed Stephen Graham today in Victoria Square (Belfast)"....it was likely when they were filming the scene when possibly meeting H

There HAS to be a series 7!

Finally finished all 6 series.....absolutely loved it, i have avoided this thread as i was so far behind....basically watched all 6 over a few weeks.

I initially avoided watching as i knew it was set in Belfast....and being typically self-deprecating, always think stuff from here will be shite....but i found myself loving the fact i recognised all of the locations, streets and buildings.

it also made me think about continuity in films/tv shows...

* Many many car chases, and in particular the attempt to abduct Jimmy Lakewell, were all filmed in the same place in Belfast
* Often when chasing someone on foot, they would turn a corner and the next scene was a completely different part of Belfast
* My friends business is above the "bookies" at the start of series 6
* I didnt know Stephen Graham was in LoD until i got to Series 5.....and my wife remembered i came home from work one day saying "i think i walked passed Stephen Graham today in Victoria Square (Belfast)"....it was likely when they were filming the scene when possibly meeting H

There HAS to be a series 7!

always thought it was Birmingham/Sheffield they filmed from.

Turns out i was right for season 1 lol.

always thought it was Birmingham/Sheffield they filmed from.

Turns out i was right for season 1 lol.

Tax incentives behind the move most likely :

In addition to UK’s 25% high end TV and film tax rebates, productions shooting in Northern Ireland can apply for the Northern Ireland Film Fund which offers up to 25% funding support to national, foreign an co-produced theatrical feature film and feature documentaries, TV series or documentaries.

Filmed in Belfast but set in an unnamed fictional town in the Midlands (hence the fictional organisation Central police force).

Tax incentives behind the move most likely :

In addition to UK’s 25% high end TV and film tax rebates, productions shooting in Northern Ireland can apply for the Northern Ireland Film Fund which offers up to 25% funding support to national, foreign an co-produced theatrical feature film and feature documentaries, TV series or documentaries.

Filmed in Belfast but set in an unnamed fictional town in the Midlands (hence the fictional organisation Central police force).

makes perfect sense :-)

Just started watching this for the first time this week.

Quite good, but what’s with the cameramen filming every scene while seemingly stood on a bosu ball with all the wobbly footage and quick zoom-in/outs as if it’s been filmed by a crew of 6 year olds being shown the zoom button for the first time?

It’s like watching the world through the eyes of a jittery schizo.

Is it like this through every series? There’s no way I’ll be binge watching this, it gives me a headache.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.