The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tomie

is Stones a replacement for Mdm or an addition...dos it mean we are after Laporte as well and does this mean one of Ottomendi or Mangala will go? And what about Denayer?

Im disappointed with the signing of Stones to be honest, I think he is overrated, probably overpriced and no better than what we have....just smacks of another signing we "have to make" cause of filling the English quota.

I really hope Pep knows what he's doing in regards to Stones. Even when he was "in form", I never personally understood the hype.

@Tomie

is Stones a replacement for Mdm or an addition...dos it mean we are after Laporte as well and does this mean one of Ottomendi or Mangala will go? And what about Denayer?

Im disappointed with the signing of Stones to be honest, I think he is overrated, probably overpriced and no better than what we have....just smacks of another signing we "have to make" cause of filling the English quota.
We Don't have an English quota to fill we only need 4 Homegrown and have Hart, Clichy, Delph and Sterling, any more would have to be club trained.

He really hasn't been great this season but that could sum up Everton tbh, their is clearly talent their and under pep I think he will become a great player in a few years, but I also wouldn't want to sell Mangala just yet either

As far as europe is concerned its 4 home grown and 4 club trained, in the PL its just 8 home grown players, doesnt need to be 4 club trained.
Didn't realise that, but it would be difficult to persuade players to join that were homegrown but weren't going to be in the C/L squad so really the squad needs to qualify for Europe or we will have another Iheanacho / Nasri style problem.

Didn't realise that, but it would be difficult to persuade players to join that were homegrown but weren't going to be in the C/L squad so really the squad needs to qualify for Europe or we will have another Iheanacho / Nasri style problem.

Thats true about new signings or someone like Delph could be in the PL squad but not the CL squad maybe.

Seems like Stones might well be on his way with Rick and tolmie with the news. Something that surprises me is a lack of links to a forward replacing Bony. I would have thought Pep would have needed a Lewandowski style player atleast.

As far as europe is concerned its 4 home grown and 4 club trained, in the PL its just 8 home grown players, doesnt need to be 4 club trained.

All that matters is the stricter set of rules (i.e. the CL rules). That is what we will build our squad around. Plus with the more lenient U21 rules in the Prem, it makes it even easier as players like Nacho don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.